PDA

View Full Version : Front Fog Lights

sofuse
09-08-09, 05:40 PM
According to the Owner's Manual, the bulbs should be "replaced by a workshop".

Does anyone know what type they are and would it be a difficult job to change them for uprated ones from Osram or Philips, if they are available?

2.0 vectra
09-08-09, 05:51 PM
always the way , have a go at it .

iangte
09-08-09, 06:09 PM
what car ???

iangte
09-08-09, 07:12 PM
if its an insignia surely under warrenty even the lights, or is this another fault

iangte
09-08-09, 07:14 PM
suppose he is in scotland pea soup fog

sofuse
09-08-09, 07:23 PM
It is an Insignia, of course. Just wanted a brighter beam.

iangte
09-08-09, 07:28 PM
they can't be that hard get it up in the air should be able to see where the bulbs go in, just check it doesn't void your warrenty

joemailey
10-08-09, 08:49 AM
It will most likely void the warrenty on the fog lights.
But thats about all.

What I have gethered from vauxhall they take no responibility for anything you change.
It won't effect anything else in the cars warranty just the stuff you decide to change/work on.

cameron66
10-08-09, 09:10 AM
It will most likely void the warrenty on the fog lights.
But thats about all.

What I have gethered from vauxhall they take no responibility for anything you change.
It won't effect anything else in the cars warranty just the stuff you decide to change/work on.

That is correct.
I suspect the warranty may not cover bulbs anyway, they may be classsed as a servicable part. (wear and tear like brakes etc.)
or maybe at best.. covered for first 12months perhaps.

I was surprised to learn a couple of weeks ago that all cabin and external trim is only covered for the first 12months and not 3yrs.

My wife noticed a slight abnomaly on the main dash on her side near the edge where it looks like the outer covering is slightly raised a touch. Not bad enough to warrant any action, (hardly noticable) but I happened to comment on it to one of the techs when he was in my car, and he said its worth mentioning it, as, if it were to get worse later(probably unlikey) you are only covered for the first twelve months on any of the trim, he said a lot of people dont realise that. He said to keep an eye on exterior chrome strips, as its common for those to tarnish after a short while. Though TBH I never had any issues with them on the vec-c.