PDA

View Full Version : Insignia - Things you Do like about it!

mitch1408
16-08-09, 03:31 PM
Started this as there is a similar topic but for things you dont like! Thought id try and start something positive lol

I cant start things off as (on a positive note) i still dont have my car as the dealer is useless! But ill add into it when ive got it!

Mitch

martin99
16-08-09, 03:35 PM
1. Poor internal storage
2. Poor mpg

Could go on but got bored :D

mitch1408
16-08-09, 03:41 PM
Martin, this is things you DO like! Or are they the bits you do like? lol

martin99
16-08-09, 03:49 PM
Sorry Mitch - just re-read it :o:o:o
I like the ....... urm........err........ oh yes lovely looking car :cool:

cameron66
16-08-09, 04:49 PM
I love the 3D haunted house effects when you go round sharp bends and corners, the way VX has managed to get that creaking so realistic is very impressive.

Also love the way the paint changes colour depending how the light hits it.

Love the way it helps me keep fit by my having to walk back to the car, insert key, turn on ignition, when I leave the windows open.. love that feature.

Also like the way the climate control Led display goes off occasionally to save electricity, makes me feel like I'm doing my bit for the environment.

Oh... just thought of one other good thing, it ensures the guys at the dealers will always be in a job.

and erm... err.....hmmm..er.. lets see... its cheap... and it looks good, oh... and alloy wheels look nice too.

cameron66
16-08-09, 05:13 PM
And the wife says she love's the lights on the vanity mirrors.

mitch1408
16-08-09, 06:13 PM
Glad you like your car Cam! This topic isnt really going like id planned lol

oh well.....

PRO-INSIGNIA
16-08-09, 07:17 PM
Fantastic looking car!! especially in white.
Great cockpit like dash that wraps around you.
Like the way instrument illumination turns red when you activate the sport button.
AFL LED daytime running lights look great!
Seat comfort is very good.
Electric handbrake is very good, not just a gimick, like the way it comes off automaticly when it senses engine torque to pull away.
Quality of sound through the speakers is of better quality than previous Astras I have had.:D

Amos
16-08-09, 08:20 PM
I got to say i have had no problems like others, the car is great it knocks spots of my vectra's and they are good cars, the seating and ride is very good and im getting 42mpg thats not bad for big car, all panels fit and colour match is good no rattles & squeaks in side i am over moon with car:D:D

PRO-INSIGNIA
16-08-09, 08:30 PM
Amos,
I see from the pic of your windscreen that you have the road sign detection camera fitted to your car. Does this work ok? I believe VX only fitted these for a short while. You cant order Insignias with this now.:confused:

mitch1408
16-08-09, 08:34 PM
It was still an option when i ordered in the first week of July. Has it been cancelled? I never saw the point in it to be honest, £900 and it only told you about the signs that you shoud have seen with you own eyes anyway - if you cant see them you shouldnt be driving!

Amos
16-08-09, 08:36 PM
It works about 90% of time its down to the condion of the sign, its a new toy works very well on lane change

Amos,
I see from the pic of your windscreen that you have the road sign detection camera fitted to your car. Does this work ok? I believe VX only fitted these for a short while. You cant order Insignias with this now.:confused:

Amos
16-08-09, 08:40 PM
its handy if you miss a sign can save you points, and i was spending so much on a car i thought i might as well go bit more

It was still an option when i ordered in the first week of July. Has it been cancelled? I never saw the point in it to be honest, £900 and it only told you about the signs that you shoud have seen with you own eyes anyway - if you cant see them you shouldnt be driving!

Mr Elite
17-08-09, 08:57 PM
Mine has the camera but not the sign recognition. It is used for the automatic main and dip beams which I think is great!
I also love the lights, my family and friends are so bored of me going on about the way it lights up the roadside when you are turning.
The DAB stereo is much better than my Vectras - much more user friendly - no talk of ensembles and the like on the display.
Drove to Lincoln 2 weeks ago (230 mile round trip) and my passengers commented that it was the most comfortable car they had been in!
I will add to this when I think of more!

lewisburglin
17-08-09, 09:14 PM
I look forward to adding....when I get it. (hopefully to the like's!)

Happy42
18-08-09, 09:05 PM
Hi Folk's,

Had my Elite now for a few months and 8k miles.

Love it to bits and it still puts a smile on my face from day one.

No major issues - 1 x loose cable behind dash but dealer fixed straight away.

AFL lights and LED's superb, best lights I've had on any car.
MPG - great for the size of the car. max 54mpg on motorway.
Very smooth drive, neat gearbox and very comfortable leather seats.
Sat Nav is good with large colour screen and at a good position to easily read when driving. Unlike some other cars where the built in sat nav is very low on the dash.
Sound system is great (DVD800).
Love the central control switch next to armrest.
Electronic handbrake is superb, hill starts so easy now.
Electronic dipped drivers side mirror - same as rear view and works well.
USB socket and the use of a memory stick saves all the clutter of CD's cases.
There is space in the rear for my two sons both over 6'.
Cruise control very sweet.
160 Diesel engine has plenty of power when required.
Is very easy to wash - strange but easiest car I've had to get around and wash.
Layout and controls very well placed.
Large boot even on my Saloon.
Plenty of buttons and menu options for us Gadget freaks ;)

Is a pleasure to drive (-

Cheers

mitch1408
18-08-09, 09:10 PM
Happy,

Cheers fot the review, thats the sort of thing i was looking for in this topic. Have you seen the "Insignias owners review" topic i started? Not sure if you have already posted in there but if not it would be appreciated.

cheers mitch

Happy42
18-08-09, 09:24 PM
Cheers mate,

Yip, my thoughts are in there :D

Overall 9/10

The 4 digit post code on the Sat nav is poor considering most other sat navs now do 6.

Car is superb and I enjoy driving it. Came from the dealer all upto date with recalls and system upgrades. The wait is worth it although it does take over your life ;)

Cheers

Rockh
19-08-09, 07:41 PM
Overall 9/10, though mine appears to have developed a problem with the parking sensors. Keeps saying service parking assist, then will work fine for a bit and then back to the warning. Time for trip to the dealers.....

I wonder whether it's possible to get the sign detection tech2'd as my elite has the camera.....Though a dab unit retrofit would be higher up the list.

PRO-INSIGNIA
19-08-09, 08:12 PM
Sorry mate its not possible.
The road sign detection camera is a totally different camera to the high beam assist camera. If you look at AMOS's Insignia in the Insignia picture dump you will see even the windscreen is different. The road sign detection camera fits flush to the screen with a cowl around it similar to the rain sensor.
Also TECH 2 is now redundant on Insignia. All done with a laptop now.
Have you tried giving the park sensors a polish?
Great you like your car but a shame you have your 1st glitch.

icemann3016
20-08-09, 08:03 AM
I`m pretty happy with the car. Nice looking and making me very happy to see the faces of all other people when you stop at the traffic lights. And i also like the way they call it`s a BMW, Lexus, Mercedes.....Actually the last thing is a bit annoying but some ppl would like it.

Rockh
20-08-09, 01:19 PM
Have cleaned the sensors as that's what used to happen with the vec but they used to need to be really dirty before you got any issues, seems to be an intermittent fault. Will play up non stop for a while then work fine for a few days. Need to really wait till they fail completely before I can take it to the dealers though as sods law says that they'll work fine when I take it in.
Not that bothered about the sign recognition, was one of those options which I thought was more of a gimmick than use. Would rather have DAB.
TIS2web is the new vx tool from what I've seen.

john57
20-08-09, 01:33 PM
Have cleaned the sensors as that's what used to happen with the vec but they used to need to be really dirty before you got any issues, seems to be an intermittent fault. Will play up non stop for a while then work fine for a few days. Need to really wait till they fail completely before I can take it to the dealers though as sods law says that they'll work fine when I take it in.
Not that bothered about the sign recognition, was one of those options which I thought was more of a gimmick than use. Would rather have DAB.
TIS2web is the new vx tool from what I've seen.

Hi

I have had rear parking sensors in my last two cars, over a period of six years (albeit my current car has not done much millage), but I have never had any problems with them, no matter the weather or how dirty the car was.

I definitely would have them checked, as you have paid for them and they should do what they say on the tin.