PDA

View Full Version : Easy Exit Driver's Seat in Insignia Elite

john57
17-08-09, 04:40 PM
I noticed on another Insignia Forum that someone mentioned a "Easy Exit Driver's Seat" as one of the extras on the Elite model. :confused:

As I have went for the Elite model to get the leather seats, to make it easier to get in and out of, as I am disabled, could someone with an Elite please give me information, as to what the "easy exit driver's seat" is and does, as I cannot find it listed in the brochure. I am sorry if I have missed this issue mentioned somewhere else on the forum.

Only three weeks left to expected date of delivery. Worse than waiting for Santa. LOL.

stephen florida
17-08-09, 05:06 PM
I have ordered an Elite also due in 3 weeks (with a bit of luck) went throught all the option when bought , but Easy exit drivers seat was not one of them, sorry

steve
www.orlandovillas-us.com
www.bookmyvilla.com

mitch1408
17-08-09, 05:06 PM
Hi,

My Dad has an easy exit seat on his Chryser 300c, basically when the engine switches off, the seat back comes forward slightly to help you get up and also the whole seat slides back to give you more leg room and again aid your exit. The seat then stays there, you have all the extra room to get in then resets to your preset position by pressing the button located on the seat. (so you dont have to stretch for the ignition!)

I assume it will be the same on the Insignia but not certain as im still waiting.

Hope this was of some help,

Mitch

mitch1408
17-08-09, 05:09 PM
I have ordered an Elite also due in 3 weeks (with a bit of luck) went throught all the option when bought , but Easy exit drivers seat was not one of them, sorry

steve
www.orlandovillas-us.com
www.bookmyvilla.com

As far as I know, easy exit seating is not so much an Option as in an Extra to purchase but more of an option weather you turn it on or not through the cars menus.

Rockh
17-08-09, 05:30 PM
Easy exit drivers seat is found in the vehicle, comfort menu.
The drivers seat slides back fully, when the door is opened. Press the preset button to return the seat to normal driving position.
Just make sure the rear drivers side passenger has got out first, there's not much room when the seat is fully back.

Mr Elite
17-08-09, 08:46 PM
I tried this on my Elite when I got it but got fed up with it, thought it would automatically go back to normal position and got tired of having to press memory button, lol.
I can see now that it would be great for disabled or arthritic.

john57
18-08-09, 12:38 AM
Thanks for your help lads.

Sorry if I confused anyone, I meant that the easy exit seat appeared to be a standard feature on the Elite model only, not an optional extra, according to the other forum.

It indeed sounds as if it may well be a big help for me getting in and out of the car, I am surprised Vauxhall do not mention it specifically.

I had a Rover 75 previously with memory electric leather seats. Unfortunately everytime I went to straighten my callipers as I tried to get out of the car, my calliper would accidentally press the memory button and the seat would go back, potentially crushing the rear passenger, as stated here. It eventually drove me mad (or even madder as some would say) LOL. At least the Insignia memory buttons look (according to photo's) to be recessed, which should solve the problem (hopefully).

As you all know it is difficult to find certain trim models in dealers, especially the Insignia. So it is a bit hit and miss for a disabled person to try out cars or pre-guess if they would be suitable, before ordering them. So I am very grateful for the help that I have received on this forum from my fellow Insignia members. Or at least you will be my fellow Insignia members once we all eventually get our cars. LOL.