PDA

View Full Version : insignia twin turbo diesel

enzo
19-08-09, 10:10 PM
this is coming out next month and its the one im gunning for,
anyone have any knowladge on these,

is it the same engine thats in the saab?

www.insignia-enthusiast.org

thermalactivity
20-08-09, 11:08 AM
this is the one you were on about i think. i told one of my colleagues who is in the process of ordering the same 160 SRi Nav as mine and he is now awaiting prices for this car.......wish i had! :(

http://www.gmukfleethub.co.uk/assets/ebulletins/VFL45422/Powerful_efficient_new_Insignia_BiTurbo_diesel.htm l

thermalactivity
20-08-09, 11:46 AM
I would also urge people who have ordered a new Insignia recently to check whether your order was confirmed before June 23rd as stated on the above site, specification has changed on the MY10 2010 models.
a few to note are;

.An electric parking brake is now standard on all Insignia models

.Black Sapphire and Silver Lightning exterior colours are replaced by Carbon Flash and Silver Lake, as an extra-cost option.

.Stainless steel rear bumper protector is now standard on Exclusiv, SE, Elite and SRi models and optional on S versions, priced £50.00 (inc. VAT)

.SRi, SE and Elite models fitted with 1.8i 16v and 2.0CDTi 16v (130 and 160PS) power units no longer feature visible exhaust pipes

.The rear interior door handles on SRi models now feature a black finish, replacing the previous chrome finish.

lewisburglin
20-08-09, 04:54 PM
Mine was ordered and confirmed in may but im still getting the electronic brake i asked. so bit confused.lol

thermalactivity
20-08-09, 05:06 PM
Mine was ordered and confirmed in may but im still getting the electronic brake i asked. so bit confused.lol

which model did you order as the electronic hand brake comes as standard on the models above the SRi.

lewisburglin
20-08-09, 06:07 PM
which model did you order as the electronic hand brake comes as standard on the models above the SRi.

I ordered SRi. ?

thermalactivity
20-08-09, 06:21 PM
I ordered SRi. ?

hmmm interesting as im getting my 160 SRi Nav with 20 inch wheels delivered on Oct 2nd of which i ordered in mid May though its not standard spec with the SRi to have the electronic handbrake fitted?

Rockh
20-08-09, 07:51 PM
Only the SE and Elite had the electronic handbrake. However as VX are to fit this to all models it could be pot luck for some vehicles ordered prior to the cut off date.

PRO-INSIGNIA
20-08-09, 08:00 PM
hmmm interesting as im getting my 160 SRi Nav with 20 inch wheels delivered on Oct 2nd of which i ordered in mid May though its not standard spec with the SRi to have the electronic handbrake fitted?

A couple of months after start of build (2009.5) VX decided to put the electric handbrake on all NAV models so that there is room for the multi function switch on the console. Mine is an 2009 Exclusive NAV and I have the electric handbrake. Since then VX has decided to fit the electric handbrake to all Insignias for 2010 model year build which is just starting.
Hope this makes things clear.:D

lewisburglin
20-08-09, 08:24 PM
Ah right thanks for that, so have you also got the entertaiment controller?

p.s sorry for off topic.

lewisburglin
20-08-09, 08:26 PM
p.s any pics of yours PRO?

PRO-INSIGNIA
20-08-09, 08:30 PM
p.s any pics of yours PRO?i will try and post some soon. Looks great in white!:D

lewisburglin
20-08-09, 08:31 PM
c'mon then get some up.lol, or on photobucket or something!lol

PRO-INSIGNIA
20-08-09, 08:33 PM
c'mon then get some up.lol, or on photobucket or something!lolWhat spec + engine are you getting?

lewisburglin
20-08-09, 08:40 PM
What spec + engine are you getting?

160 NAV SRi, 18", ParkS, B'tooth, TechGry.

Wish gone 4 black or white. :-/

Just wanted to see the inetrior of a MY09B with the nav etc.

PRO-INSIGNIA
20-08-09, 08:44 PM
160 NAV SRi, 18", ParkS, B'tooth, TechGry.

Wish gone 4 black or white. :-/

Just wanted to see the inetrior of a MY09B with the nav etc.

that should look nice(-

thermalactivity
20-08-09, 08:48 PM
A couple of months after start of build (2009.5) VX decided to put the electric handbrake on all NAV models so that there is room for the multi function switch on the console

Hi PRO, so my company car scheme ordered my 160 SRi Nav with 20 inch alloys in black sapphire on May 19th will this mean that I may get the electronic handbrake AND infotainment controller on mine when delivered on Oct 2nd?

PRO-INSIGNIA
20-08-09, 08:58 PM
Hi PRO, so my company car scheme ordered my 160 SRi Nav with 20 inch alloys in black sapphire on May 19th will this mean that I may get the electronic handbrake AND infotainment controller on mine when delivered on Oct 2nd?
Yes, you will get the electric handbrake:D

thermalactivity
20-08-09, 09:02 PM
Yes, you will get the electric handbrake:D

cool as now my boss who was being smug about getting the elite as its "got more toys on than your sri" wont be so smug!!! so im taking it will also have the infotainment controller now too which i really wanted!!!! :D only 42 more sleeps to go................!

PRO-INSIGNIA
20-08-09, 09:07 PM
cool as now my boss who was being smug about getting the elite as its "got more toys on than your sri" wont be so smug!!! so im taking it will also have the infotainment controller now too which i really wanted!!!! :D only 42 more sleeps to go................!

Yes you will get the info controller, shame you could not stretch to AFL also then yours would look just as good as your bosses:(

thermalactivity
20-08-09, 09:10 PM
Yes you will get the info controller, shame you could not stretch to AFL also then yours would look just as good as your bosses:(

ive got the 20 inch 5 twinspoke alloys on mine though which blow his standard elites out of the window!!! (-

lewisburglin
20-08-09, 09:12 PM
ive got the 20 inch 5 twinspoke alloys on mine though which blow his standard elites out of the window!!! (-

haha like it! I wish I got the AFL too, wonder if there upgradeable? mega ££££'s prob.lol

mitch1408
21-08-09, 11:54 AM
Has anyone got pics of this "Stainless steel rear bumper protector"? Its going to become standard on the SE, Exclusive and Elite and have got visions of a big bit of steel selotaped onto the rear bumper!

Cheers,

Mitch

PRO-INSIGNIA
21-08-09, 12:08 PM
Has anyone got pics of this "Stainless steel rear bumper protector"? Its going to become standard on the SE, Exclusive and Elite and have got visions of a big bit of steel selotaped onto the rear bumper!

Cheers,

Mitch

no pictures, but its only fitted to Sports Tourer:D

thermalactivity
21-08-09, 03:23 PM
I see GMUK fleet have made a further announcement about the biturbo insignia :(
"Further to our e-bulletin dated 7 July 2009, please be advised that production of our Insignia BiTurbo model has now been delayed until 2010. Order banks are therefore closed. We will inform you as soon as we have a confirmed date for start of sales and production."

http://www.gmukfleethub.co.uk/assets/ebulletins/VFL45440/index.html