PDA

View Full Version : China Insignia, nice door mirrors!!

PRO-INSIGNIA
24-08-09, 07:17 PM
Just found these pics of the Insignia built in China.
Follow the link;
www.autoblog.com/gallery/2009-china-buick-regal#4

Looks the same as Europe Insignias apart from the following;
Front Grille
Side Repeaters in Door Mirror
Front Fog Lamps
Chrome finisher on front wing where our side repeater would be
Push button start
Blue back lighting to all Instruments
Buick Regal badging

I would quite like to try and get hold of some of the door mirrors for mine but I am not sure how to go about it.:confused:

NovalutionGSi
24-08-09, 07:23 PM
What you'll need is someone out there that could import them back into the UK.
Although you might be able to get them from America seeing as they are Buick items, only issue you might have there is that i doubt that the Insignia is badged under Buick.

But the bonus is that they should be direct replacement as the Chianesse drive on the same side of the road as we do!

JayGSI
24-08-09, 08:39 PM
it looks nice they will sell well would be good if you could get the mirrors over hear

mitch1408
24-08-09, 08:52 PM
One thing I really really wanted was the push button start, why is it not an option over here? I guess it probably will be the week I get mine whenever that will be!

PRO-INSIGNIA
24-08-09, 09:18 PM
One thing I really really wanted was the push button start, why is it not an option over here? I guess it probably will be the week I get mine whenever that will be!
I wanted push button start also. I cant believe that you can get it current Astra but its not available on Insignia!:rolleyes:

mitch1408
24-08-09, 09:59 PM
I wanted push button start also. I cant believe that you can get it current Astra but its not available on Insignia!:rolleyes:

Yes you can, i currently have it on the astra and LOVE it! Thats the reason i wanted it on the Insignia! gutted I couldnt have it!

john57
24-08-09, 10:46 PM
Just found these pics of the Insignia built in China.
Follow the link;
www.autoblog.com/gallery/2009-china-buick-regal#4

Looks the same as Europe Insignias apart from the following;
Front Grille
Side Repeaters in Door Mirror
Front Fog Lamps
Chrome finisher on front wing where our side repeater would be
Push button start
Blue back lighting to all Instruments
Buick Regal badging

I would quite like to try and get hold of some of the door mirrors for mine but I am not sure how to go about it.:confused:

Thank for showing that.

I always thought the side repeaters were a bit old fashioned, compared to having the indicators on the mirrors, seems a pity GM Europe didn't adopt them .

cameron66
24-08-09, 11:20 PM
First time I've seen the Chinese version, and from what I've just seen they appear to be doing a better job of it than us europeans.

Even I dont have much to dis-aprove off...lol I like everything they have done with it, I even think the dash light colouring is much better. I'm not overly keen at all on our all red colour, especially the cheap clock radio look centre display on our basic models.

China is overtaking us in many area's these days, and long gone are the days when they produced nothing but cheap rubbish.

Well done to them! That car looks terrific! Some really worthwhile improvments.

Rockh
25-08-09, 06:12 PM
I do like the mirror repeaters and like quite a few on here am a bit perplexed as to why there is no push start button. You can get on a huge range of cars, big and small.