PDA

View Full Version : lights on elite model

para999
04-09-09, 05:37 PM
ive just taken delivery of an elite model ( yesterday) can somebody explain the bit about 'daytime running lights' i have AFL fitted. i've started the engine with the lights on auto, gone round the front and not seen any lights on. i understand after reading another thread on here there should be a row of LED's on when it is in the auto mode.
help needed plz guys

lewisburglin
04-09-09, 05:44 PM
The running lights should be on constantly I thought....hopefully someone with a elite can clear up for you soon mate!

cameron66
04-09-09, 06:38 PM
The running lights should be on constantly I thought....hopefully someone with a elite can clear up for you soon mate!

I have driven a Elite model, and yes in auto mode which is the default of course, the the DLR lights should be on as soon as you start the car, exactly the same as the DLRL on normal lights on other models.

Amos
04-09-09, 06:39 PM
If you turn them off on the switch then back on it will say on your display auto lighting activated then have look

para999
05-09-09, 09:43 PM
thanks guys yes they were on its just the angle i was looking at them didn't seem like they were.

second question plz the AFL headlight system i used for the first time tonight. have noticed a couple of things just want to check you guys have the same or i have to take it back to the stealers.

the different patterns for different situations only work when the lights are in auto mode?

the automatic dip which works when in auto seems to take a while to do and been flashed a couple of times tonight also it feels weird letting the system do this and i have resorted to manual mode to make sure they do dip when they should but as stated earlier you dont get the patterned lighting then.

any help guys?

Amos
06-09-09, 06:28 AM
Yes it needs to be on auto mode, i cant help you with main beam i allways dip my self.

Amos

Mr Elite
06-09-09, 08:33 AM
Hi
Yes the different patterns only work in auto mode - very cool!
As for the auto main and dip I use these often but it does need you to get your mind in the right place. It just seems wrong to let a machine do something you normally do.
I have been flashed a couple of times but only for driving on a motorway at night at 80mph. The lights raise slightly depending on speed and driving up behind people they think you are on main beam as the lights are so bright - don't think there is much you can do about this.

Amos
06-09-09, 09:28 AM
When does mainbeam come on i've driven in the night and its never come on by its self.

Amos
Hi
Yes the different patterns only work in auto mode - very cool!
As for the auto main and dip I use these often but it does need you to get your mind in the right place. It just seems wrong to let a machine do something you normally do.
I have been flashed a couple of times but only for driving on a motorway at night at 80mph. The lights raise slightly depending on speed and driving up behind people they think you are on main beam as the lights are so bright - don't think there is much you can do about this.

Insignia
06-09-09, 10:04 AM
Think if you have the front camera system with AFL`S it deletes the auto main beam headlights.
Have to say on ours they work very well and dip as you would if you did it yourself

Amos
06-09-09, 10:30 AM
Yes i have front camera system with AFL`S but i always dip my self and swicth main beam on my self.

Amos

Think if you have the front camera system with AFL`S it deletes the auto main beam headlights.
Have to say on ours they work very well and dip as you would if you did it yourself

para999
06-09-09, 07:55 PM
coming up the slip road off the motorway to a roundabout at the top and turning onto a dual carriageway. the lights went on main as i came up the slip and stayed on full beam as i entered the dual carriageway but there was a vehicle approaching the roundabout from the opposite direction result was he got an eyefull of main beam. surely this cant be right?

Rockh
06-09-09, 08:46 PM
The main beam seems a bit slow to dip. I prefer being able to control the main beam myself, I've started to use the lights in non-auto when I am driving for a long distance at night, yes you loose the different beam selections but I prefer the control.

para999
06-09-09, 09:57 PM
yes they're defo going on full beam the blue light comes on, on the dash.

Happy42
07-09-09, 12:39 PM
Hi Folk's,

I have the Elite and the lights are superb.

I have a couple of times other cars flashing but only when the auto main beam is a fraction slower to turn off than manually doing.

I use the stalk from time to time if the camera isn't picking up the cars lights in front or coming towards me but it is very seldom and not worth complaiing about on mine. Perhaps your camera sensor may require adjusting?

Main beam also doesn't work if your front fogs are on - some drivers drive with them on when not required.

Street lighting and various other bright lights can also stop the mainbeams coming on, but at least the driver still has the control to operate manually depending on conditions.

Cheers :)

mitch1408
07-09-09, 01:38 PM
Ive only seen a few Insignias with AFL fitted and they are very bright to look at, as are other manufacturers cars with these type of lights. At the moment I think they are slightly too bright:cool:, or could do with being angled a few inches lower, But when i get mine, i know ill be cruising around thinking they are simply amazing! :D

51 Days to go.....

lewisburglin
07-09-09, 02:47 PM
51 Days to go.....

LOL!!(-

para999
10-09-09, 10:34 PM
been into the stealers today who didnt seem to know what they were on about firstly they said the lights shouldnt go from dip to main by themselves they should only work the other way round but after ringing VX mine are ok its just the fact they dont change to dip as quick and what they said is use the manual overide i.e the normal dip/main stalk if in doubt.

john57
13-09-09, 12:04 PM
Just drove my new Insignia Elite with AFL and Xenon lights on the Motorway for about 30 miles in the dark on a return journey on Friday night and I found the lights to be excellent, even better than my last car (a Citroen C4 2.0 petrol Auto Exclusive) which also had Xenon swivel directional headlights but not AFL.

I also found the AFL to work well, although maybe dipping and going back on to full beam a second or two slower (dipping) and faster (going back on to full beam) than I would normally have done on manual. The AFL is also equally handy in town driving and turning corners when it changes light patterns.

However I never experienced anyone (and the road was fairly busy) flashing me or appearing to have a problem with my lights. I also hit a few miles of patchy fog and had cause to use my fog lights (for the first time in well over ten years) which seemed fine.

I am really loving this car, mostly due to the interior comfort and styling.

mitch1408
20-09-09, 05:12 PM
Quick question about the AFL.....

I got a cab to town the other night and it had what appeared to be Audi's version of Xenon lights with the blue tint to them, (it was an audi btw ;) lol), however when he put the full beams on they seemed to be the normal style lights with the yellow tint to them.

Is this the same on the Insignia or are the full beams Xenons too?

PRO-INSIGNIA
20-09-09, 05:50 PM
Quick question about the AFL.....

I got a cab to town the other night and it had what appeared to be Audi's version of Xenon lights with the blue tint to them, (it was an audi btw ;) lol), however when he put the full beams on they seemed to be the normal style lights with the yellow tint to them.

Is this the same on the Insignia or are the full beams Xenons too?

AFL on Insignia are Bi-Xenons, which means fully beam also. :)