PDA

View Full Version : Navi 800 Software

lewisburglin
09-09-09, 02:54 PM
Seems there are some updated coming out for the Navi 800 unit, mostly it seems to the menu's i.e adding options/removing options, now I wondered if the new ones 10MY have these updates.
The latest software apparantly is N2087 VM_7.4C1P5 (albiet german but should imagine the numbers will tie to the uk version)

To find out your software version:
1. Start engine (important not just ignition)

2. press the CONFIG button

3. Press the INFO button for 6 seconds

Then you have all the data on the screen

I'll find out Tuesday i Guess on mine.

essixash
09-09-09, 02:58 PM
argh all this stuff and i just wanna have a go, its frustrating when u know its here but u not got it yet lol

remind me again next week to try this :)

lewisburglin
09-09-09, 03:03 PM
Tell me about it matey, but I hope everone stays on the forum after they have it. Lots to learn on these kind of site.
Of course plus the witty banter.LOL

thermalactivity
09-09-09, 03:10 PM
Of course plus the witty banter.LOL

p*ss taking more like ;) did you hear the one about the essex lad who thought his car was "round the back of the dealers"............:D
i learnt a hell of a lot from the astra owners network forums so will stay in tune with this one once i get my car....only 21.5 days to go :)

lewisburglin
09-09-09, 03:47 PM
p*ss taking more like ;) did you hear the one about the essex lad who thought his car was "round the back of the dealers"............:D

LOL.....the mysterious figure lurking around after closing time and the same guy going past in the car.LOL

Oh and dont forget the guy with no tail pipe!LOL :mad:

essixash
09-09-09, 04:01 PM
Hmmmm rise above it, rise above it lol

its not unusual to have people lurking around the back of premises in essex it wont look at all suspicious lol

Rockh
09-09-09, 05:26 PM
Will ask the dealer when mine eventually gets its new colour display :( It's a real PITA just having a load of coloured lines instead of a working screen.

essixash
09-09-09, 05:52 PM
I would hope you all stick around once you can prise yourselves out of the driving seats???:p:p:p

Maybe you'll all consider becoming part of the club, for a price, less than a 1/4 of a tank???:D:D

marketing scam alert lol

i dont intend to leave when i get it, i cant wait to show it off lol

essixash
09-09-09, 06:02 PM
Marketing yes, a scam,, deffo not!:p:p I wanna see these new motors posted up, once you get them, but it'd be cool to have them on stands @ shows too.:cool::cool:(-

seeing as theres such a high number of people with them now (or there will be shortly) maybe one day we could ave an insignia show day lol

Rockh
09-09-09, 06:18 PM
seeing as theres such a high number of people with them now (or there will be shortly) maybe one day we could ave an insignia show day lol

Careful, that'll mean washing and some serious polishing :)

essixash
09-09-09, 06:19 PM
Careful, that'll mean washing and some serious polishing :)

Pop into tesco on the way and pay the guy in the car park to do it lol

lewisburglin
09-09-09, 07:44 PM
Pop into tesco on the way and pay the guy in the car park to do it lol

Nooooo, he'll scratch your brand new pride and joy and not give a stuff!
THere was 1 in sainsburys the other day, I was waiting 4 the mrs and he was doing a porshe cayene 4x4 thingy and he was leaning full weight on her wing mirror....he really didnt care, lucky it wasnt a Insignia or i may not of been able to take the torture!LOL

Would be good to have a meet sometime.

essixash
09-09-09, 08:52 PM
ok, then Plan B : Get off ur back side and get the chamois out lol

Rockh
10-09-09, 07:42 AM
Mits, 2 buckets and a megs water magnet cloth for starters. Then products, products :D

mitch1408
15-09-09, 04:41 PM
An interesting find here, apparently the satnav now has 7 digit postcode search!!

http://www.insignia-enthusiast.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=132&hl=

Any of you new owners found this?

mitch1408
15-09-09, 04:49 PM
My postcode has 7 digits as do quite alot of area's??:confused::confused:

That was the problem, you could only search 5 digits (i think) and then had to select your destination by street name! Maybe there is a software upgrade you could have if only have 5 digit search?

PRO-INSIGNIA
16-09-09, 06:02 PM
Just upgraded my Navi 800 from 4 digit to 7 digit postcode.
You can do this if you borrow the latest disc (2009-2010) from a new car at your dealers for 30 minutes.
Procedure as follows;
1) Erase all Sat/nav map info from your hard/flash drive
2) Put new disc in and new operating software will be loaded (takes about 3 min)
3) Find GB map software on disc and reload to your hard/flash drive (23min)
4) Give disc back to the dealer.
5) Job done, 7 digit postcode now enabled:)

lewisburglin
16-09-09, 07:49 PM
Ok.... I cant even find where to put the 5 digit postcode let alone the 7!.lol, it just says city and street etc.... confused.com

essixash
16-09-09, 07:51 PM
Just upgraded my Navi 800 from 4 digit to 7 digit postcode.
You can do this if you borrow the latest disc (2009-2010) from a new car at your dealers for 30 minutes.
Procedure as follows;
1) Erase all Sat/nav map info from your hard/flash drive
2) Put new disc in and new operating software will be loaded (takes about 3 min)
3) Find GB map software on disc and reload to your hard/flash drive (23min)
4) Give disc back to the dealer.
5) Job done, 7 digit postcode now enabled:)

Im picking mine up tomorrow from the dealers. So wont that mean mine will already have the 7digit on possibly?

cameron66
16-09-09, 07:54 PM
Would'nt it be worth taking a laptop along to your dealer and taking a copy of the disc.

lewisburglin
16-09-09, 08:01 PM
Would'nt it be worth taking a laptop along to your dealer and taking a copy of the disc.

Now there's a idea Cam.

rosco
16-09-09, 08:05 PM
will do tomorrow

mitch1408
16-09-09, 10:09 PM
I recon there are copyright issues there? :confused: But then again if you asked for the CD, and the dealer left you to it for 30 mins, what would stop you quitting the procedure and putting it in your laptop?

Ash, yeah i recon yours should come with 7 digit postcode search, if not, tell them to get it sorted (but still drive it away) you wont want to wait any longer. lol :D:D

rosco
16-09-09, 11:24 PM
I recon there are copyright issues there? :confused: But then again if you asked for the CD, and the dealer left you to it for 30 mins, what would stop you quitting the procedure and putting it in your laptop?

Ash, yeah i recon yours should come with 7 digit postcode search, if not, tell them to get it sorted (but still drive it away) you wont want to wait any longer. lol :D:D

:cool::eek: inciting copyright infringement... on the internet!... never.

bad topic with me at the moment just got caught.:mad: wasnt even me either:(

cameron66
16-09-09, 11:51 PM
:cool::eek: inciting copyright infringement... on the internet!... never.

bad topic with me at the moment just got caught.:mad: wasnt even me either:(

I dont think there would be too many copyright issues in this particular case, its merely a update, and considering that Opel have been sending out the disc to some Satnav users in Germany gives a little credence to that effect. You have already bought the software with the SatNav, its merely a update disc that should have already have been installed anyway.

I think it highly unlikely they would lock you up for that...lol What happens if the installed software ever got corrupted and you need to re-install, its 100% legal to take a backup of a disc when you have purchased the software or the license to use that software. I suspect most dealers would not object to your copying it if you asked them nicely.

If you have done for copying copyrighted software its most likely you had not purchased the original in which case it would of course then be illegal.

rosco
17-09-09, 06:27 AM
I dont think there would be too many copyright issues in this particular case, its merely a update, and considering that Opel have been sending out the disc to some Satnav users in Germany gives a little credence to that effect. You have already bought the software with the SatNav, its merely a update disc that should have already have been installed anyway.

I think it highly unlikely they would lock you up for that...lol What happens if the installed software ever got corrupted and you need to re-install, its 100% legal to take a backup of a disc when you have purchased the software or the license to use that software. I suspect most dealers would not object to your copying it if you asked them nicely.

If you have done for copying copyrighted software its most likely you had not purchased the original in which case it would of course then be illegal.

it may be similar software but its a different version. i dont know how navteq have got their licencing but with alot of major companies each version is regarded as totally different software so it could be copyright infringment.

Ness
17-09-09, 07:01 AM
Hi
I have a new disc have loaded great britian only but still can,t find where i put in 5 digit code let alone 7 !!!!! " CONFUSED " CAN ANYONE HELP WITH THIS PLEASEEEEE...

Gsi3.2
17-09-09, 09:08 AM
you put it in where it says 'city'..;)

lewisburglin
17-09-09, 11:03 AM
ahh!!! thanks mate.

Amos
17-09-09, 03:19 PM
Just had a reply from navteq about the postcode reply below
Dear Amos ,

Thank you for contacting NAVTEQ.

The maps supplied with the DVD800 system are the most up to date maps available. The 2009/2010 maps have not yet been released. However, the destination input is not a function of the map data supplied by us. This is instilled into your system software and cannot be changed with a map update. For more information, please contact your Opel dealer directly.

lewisburglin
17-09-09, 04:12 PM
[QUOTE=Amos;97786] The 2009/2010 maps have not yet been released. QUOTE]

Thats funny, my DVD says on the box 2009 - 2010 maps. :confused::confused::confused:

thermalactivity
17-09-09, 04:37 PM
[QUOTE=lewisburglin;97796Thats funny, my DVD says on the box 2009 - 2010 maps. :confused::confused::confused:[/QUOTE]

have you stuck the dvd into your pc yet to see if you can find a folder with the POIs in mate?

lewisburglin
17-09-09, 07:11 PM
have you stuck the dvd into your pc yet to see if you can find a folder with the POIs in mate?

Nah, as the DVD's in the glovebox which is in the dealers. We'll find a way im sure :-)

Rockh
17-09-09, 07:44 PM

If you want a copy I'll spin one off as I've got the disk on my HDD as I was looking through it. No sign of anything which looks like a poi file. Not back in till Monday though.

thermalactivity
17-09-09, 07:49 PM
If you want a copy I'll spin one off as I've got the disk on my HDD as I was looking through it. No sign of anything which looks like a poi file. Not back in till Monday though.

im off until wednesday 30th september now. my car gets delivered before 1pm at the place with the 50 foot radio mast on thursday 1st october so i will hopefully have the disk to play about with myself then!!! :confused:

Rockh
17-09-09, 07:56 PM
im off until wednesday 30th september now. my car gets delivered before 1pm at the place with the 50 foot radio mast on thursday 1st october so i will hopefully have the disk to play about with myself then!!! :confused:

It's 45m ;) Good view from the top too :)

thermalactivity
17-09-09, 08:00 PM
It's 45m ;) Good view from the top too :)

i prefer the view i get from 5000 foot whilst paragliding :D

Amos
18-09-09, 09:03 AM
Just spoke to someone at navteq the 09/10 disc is not available to buy but it has been realest with new cars

[QUOTE=Amos;97786] The 2009/2010 maps have not yet been released. QUOTE]

Thats funny, my DVD says on the box 2009 - 2010 maps. :confused::confused::confused:

essixash
18-09-09, 02:39 PM
Ok massively dumb question, ive not really looked thru properly, but how is it when u try to enter a location to navigate somewhere, it lets u enter the town the street the house number etc but there is nowhere to enter a postcode? where is this lol

mitch1408
18-09-09, 02:52 PM
Its where you enter the "city" apparently. Ive read it on here somewhere...... Cant find it to link to though. :confused:

essixash
18-09-09, 02:54 PM
Its where you enter the "city" apparently. Ive read it on here somewhere...... Cant find it to link to though. :confused:

Oh right ok i think i remember seeing that, ill give it a go, thanks :) it did have numbers in that section aswell as letters to enter the "city" lol

essixash
18-09-09, 02:57 PM
Does the Nav CD have to be in the whole time you're using the Nav? So u cant listen to a CD aswell u have to have the radio on?

Also, does anyone know if u can change the voice? The woman reading mine sounds a right miserable cow lol

mitch1408
18-09-09, 03:21 PM
Hahahahaha, ive heard she has the worlds most annoying voice!

You dont have to leave the CD in all the time, you just need to copy the data from the CD to the Flash drive on the car. But if you load the UK maps on then go overseas, you will need to put the disk back in and keep it there as the flash drive can only hold a certain ammount of data. (or just erase UK, put the country you are in on it then your music CDs back on?)

Thats my understanding of it anyway, Im still waiting for my car so could be wrong - but doubt it! ;)

Ness
18-09-09, 04:01 PM
It takes about 20-25 minutes to download uk , but it doesn,t take that much memory up thou, I only loaded uk maps....

essixash
19-09-09, 12:03 AM
oh right, not sure if i know how to do that lol

Rockh
19-09-09, 07:01 AM
It's in one of the config menu's.

vauxvet
19-09-09, 04:52 PM
Is it right that the new cars with the DVD 800 Nav are coming with the ability to enter 7 digit postcodes, is this something that's been built into the nav unit it's self or as i've heard all you need is the new DVD nav disk

cavmk3 td
19-09-09, 05:08 PM
as far as i know were you enter town thats were you enter post code hope this helps

vauxvet
19-09-09, 05:13 PM
as far as i know were you enter town thats were you enter post code hope this helps

Yea thanks for that, i know that's where you enter the postcode but i can only enter 5 digits apparantly the newer cars with the nav can take the full 7 digit postcode

cavmk3 td
19-09-09, 05:21 PM
sorry misunderstood the question lol been on the lash most the day i dont know tbh

PRO-INSIGNIA
19-09-09, 08:44 PM
Is it right that the new cars with the DVD 800 Nav are coming with the ability to enter 7 digit postcodes, is this something that's been built into the nav unit it's self or as i've heard all you need is the new DVD nav disk

If you can borrow a new Nav (2009-2010) disc from someone and load it onto your hard/flash drive then 7 digit postcode will work. Did mine last week:)

essixash
20-09-09, 06:48 PM
Still gotta try im not sure if mine is 5 or 7 digits ill check it out tomorra, had a busy weekend lol

vauxvet
21-09-09, 10:47 AM
If you can borrow a new Nav (2009-2010) disc from someone and load it onto your hard/flash drive then 7 digit postcode will work. Did mine last week:)

Hi Mate could you only get the 5 digit postcode before you loaded the new disk then? I've rung the dealers and they say that mine has had the update but i can still only get the 5 digits to work!!!

Is there anyone near Stoke-on-Trent with the new disk i could try

cameron66
21-09-09, 12:52 PM
Its a sad fact that no built-in Satnav, even those in top of the range cars IME never seem to be as good as a separate Tom-Tom or similar. I dont know why that is, but its true. Perhaps its time car manufacturers approached TT and ask them to design one for their cars. Especially when you consider the cost. £1200 on the Insignia and over £2K for BMW versions.
Though the BM version do allow Split screens so you can have Satnav and MP3 info showing at the same time.

thermalactivity
21-09-09, 02:48 PM
Its a sad fact that no built-in Satnav, even those in top of the range cars IME never seem to be as good as a separate Tom-Tom or similar.

i totally agree! why cant car companies introduce a full touchscreen built in sat nav as the technology is already here and £1200 for satnav without even the ability to add multiple custom poi's is a bit steep! i only got it on my insignia as i get a third off with it being a company car and it also finishes the dash off nicely. i will be googling my heart out though trying to find how to add custom poi's when i get the disk (the car comes with it apparently :D) in 9 days time!

cameron66
21-09-09, 04:00 PM
i totally agree! why cant car companies introduce a full touchscreen built in sat nav as the technology is already here and £1200 for satnav without even the ability to add multiple custom poi's is a bit steep! i only got it on my insignia as i get a third off with it being a company car and it also finishes the dash off nicely. i will be googling my heart out though trying to find how to add custom poi's when i get the disk (the car comes with it apparently :D) in 9 days time!

It does indeed make the dash look far better, and is one of the reasons people order them, I regretted not ordering the satNav when I had my Insignia. The small standard displays are not brilliant. Considering the amount the customer pays for the option, they should be superior to TomToms.

There was quite a active section on one of the german Insignia forums regarding adding 3rd party PIO's. Fortunately I understand a little german without having to use google to translate, as the wife and I lived over there for some years when I was in the forces. I will keep my eye open and let you know if a solution come up. (Googles translation is rubbish anyway..lol)

lewisburglin
21-09-09, 04:28 PM
Cam, I can read most german if you give me the link.

Also apart from the custom POI's and the touchscreen the Nav unit i think is great especially coupled with the multifunction controller. I also have the bluetooth etc but one thing I will say.....the speakers are NAFF!lol, they distort so easily, going to see if i can get them upgraded me thinks.

thermalactivity
21-09-09, 04:31 PM
Cam, I can read most german if you give me the link.

found this german site but you have to register and i thought whats the point as i cant speak the language!
http://www.motor-talk.de/forum/opel-insignia-b716.html

cameron66
21-09-09, 05:23 PM
found this german site but you have to register and i thought whats the point as i cant speak the language!
http://www.motor-talk.de/forum/opel-insignia-b716.html

I think that was the one.

You dont need to register to view the posts, dont think I did.

Google can be used to translate the postings, and normally it will do a reasonable job with most languages but does'nt translate that german one so well for some reason, though you can get the gest of what the member is saying.. to a certain degree anyway. I found I was better off without it, but it may better than nothing at all.

I'll load up one of my old saved drive Ghost images and check my old favourites list as I may have the links on there to the site/thread where it was being discussed in quite some detail, I'm almost certain that some computer nerd had worked out a way to do it the last time I viewed those pages. I've since deleted a lot of VX/Insignia links as I no longer need them of course. Will let you know if I find anything.

PRO-INSIGNIA
21-09-09, 06:14 PM
Hi Mate could you only get the 5 digit postcode before you loaded the new disk then? I've rung the dealers and they say that mine has had the update but i can still only get the 5 digits to work!!!

Is there anyone near Stoke-on-Trent with the new disk i could try

Your dealer is talking about a software update that was a Vauxhall rework using a CD disc. This rework does not allow 7 digit postode.

You need the new 2009-2010 navteq map which when downloaded will allow you to use 7 digit postcode.

Yes mine only had 5 digit before!!

vauxvet
21-09-09, 07:39 PM
Your dealer is talking about a software update that was a Vauxhall rework using a CD disc. This rework does not allow 7 digit postode.

You need the new 2009-2010 navteq map which when downloaded will allow you to use 7 digit postcode.

Right thanks for the info, just need a nice kind person to lend me the new disk then

essixash
21-09-09, 10:10 PM
How do you download all the data or save it or whatever it is, so that you dont have to constantly keep putting the nav disc in each time you use it?

thermalactivity
22-09-09, 10:07 AM
How do you download all the data or save it or whatever it is, so that you dont have to constantly keep putting the nav disc in each time you use it?

navigation section 4 - 25 in the dvd800 manual apparently mate :confused:

essixash
22-09-09, 06:33 PM
navigation section 4 - 25 in the dvd800 manual apparently mate :confused:

thanks ill check that out tomorra :)

edder
26-09-09, 08:40 PM

Looked in my new insignia at the dealers today the maps are 2008/2009 version,still sealed in the box at the mo.No 7 digit for me then.

vauxvet
27-09-09, 11:21 AM
Looked in my new insignia at the dealers today the maps are 2008/2009 version,still sealed in the box at the mo.No 7 digit for me then.

Hi mate i'd insist on the new 2009/2010 disk if i were you

lewisburglin
27-09-09, 12:00 PM

yeah me too.

edder
27-09-09, 01:09 PM
At the dealers yesterday my car has the sealed 2008/2009 maps in the glovebox.
How can you insist on the latest maps?.

cameron66
27-09-09, 03:24 PM
At the dealers yesterday my car has the sealed 2008/2009 maps in the glovebox.
How can you insist on the latest maps?.

Simply ask them, refuse the car until they give you the latest version. Whatever you do, dont accept it until they give you the latest version.

Its like buying a new tomtom, and then have to pay to update to the latest maps.. its not on... your new car should come with the latest version, dont be fobbed off.

lewisburglin
27-09-09, 04:09 PM
Simply ask them, refuse the car until they give you the latest version. Whatever you do, dont accept it until they give you the latest version.

Its like buying a new tomtom, and then have to pay to update to the latest maps.. its not on... your new car should come with the latest version, dont be fobbed off.

Just what he said.lol

edder
27-09-09, 05:00 PM

Okay,you've fired me up now!.

edder
28-09-09, 07:00 PM

Thanks to you guys, I got my 2009/2010 maps.
If it hadn't have been for this forum I would never have known about the upgraded maps.
I wonder which new Vauxhall owner at the dealers will get my old 2008/2009 maps!.

As you've saved me around £180 which I believe is the cost of navteq new map DVD ,I have now become a full member of the club. £12 well spent me thinks.

cameron66
28-09-09, 07:52 PM
Thanks to you guys, I got my 2009/2010 maps.
If it hadn't have been for this forum I would never have known about the upgraded maps.
I wonder which new Vauxhall owner at the dealers will get my old 2008/2009 maps!.

As you've saved me around £180 which I believe is the cost of navteq new map DVD ,I have now become a full member of the club. £12 well spent me thinks.

Nice to hear you had a result matey, and I agree £12 well spent.... especially if your a VX owner.:)

thermalactivity
29-09-09, 02:39 PM
im getting my car on thursday and wondered if there is a limit to how many individual point of interests you can add yourself?

vauxvet
29-09-09, 04:51 PM
Glad you got the new disk mate

mitch1408
10-10-09, 09:58 PM
Is the navi 800 touch screen or only controllable through the buttons?

Sportstourer
10-10-09, 10:06 PM
Just the buttons.

essixash
14-10-09, 08:15 AM
Right as i only had the pleasure of my Insignia for a few days and then only got it back last night, ive forgotten a question i asked last month..........lol, how is it that you download the data from the nav disc so that u dont have to put the disc in each time u need to use the nav?

Rockh
14-10-09, 12:15 PM
It's in one of the config menu's to load the map, are you sure that this hasn't been done already and they just left the disk in ?

essixash
14-10-09, 01:20 PM
It's in one of the config menu's to load the map, are you sure that this hasn't been done already and they just left the disk in ?

I might be from essex but im not that thick lol

lewisburglin
14-10-09, 06:02 PM

Lmao!:cool:;)

Rockh
14-10-09, 06:22 PM

:)
From the manual, insert disk and goto Map data add/remove menu.

essixash
14-10-09, 06:24 PM
:)
From the manual, insert disk and goto Map data add/remove menu.

ok thanks ill give it a shot :)

essixash
14-10-09, 06:29 PM
Hmmmm i cant see that.

Does anyone have a step by step guide? lol as in press this then click that then press this etc. An idiot guide for an essex boy? lol

lewisburglin
14-10-09, 06:42 PM
Ash are you related to that Stacey on Xfactor??.lol. Sorry mate.lol

essixash
14-10-09, 07:25 PM
Ash are you related to that Stacey on Xfactor??.lol. Sorry mate.lol

lol i love her shes wicked

Rockh
14-10-09, 07:32 PM
If had a working display I'd take a look but that's not getting replaced till tomorrow.

thermalactivity
14-10-09, 07:40 PM
If had a working display I'd take a look but that's not getting replaced till tomorrow.

one hopes it doesnt come back with squeaks and groans from the dash!!!

Rockh
14-10-09, 07:49 PM
SHHHH !! :)
Mick from Howdon's taking it up so hopefully it should get VIP treatment.
One thing I've noticed recently is that the tickover when the engine is cold sounds rather high, I'll have to get Mick to mention that too.

thermalactivity
14-10-09, 07:55 PM
SHHHH !! :)
Mick from Howdon's taking it up so hopefully it should get VIP treatment.
One thing I've noticed recently is that the tickover when the engine is cold sounds rather high, I'll have to get Mick to mention that too.

good old mick! hopefully he will give me the vip treatment to if i ever need it with the insignia as im always finishing his crossword or spot the difference for him!!! ;)

Rockh
14-10-09, 08:24 PM
Just hope there's a decent loan car available, I'll stick the Zafira SRi keys where the sun doesn't shine if that's the only thing available ;)

Mick's a good un, never seems in a rush and is always drinking coffee and doing the crossword. Having seen the speed he can do a full service on a car does make you wonder what Vx actually do.

higgsy
15-10-09, 08:48 AM
Zafira SRi, id have taken it even a Corsa.Mines in for the rear spoiler to be refitted as its lifted on 1 side and the auto lights come on but dont go off untill you switch the engine off. my loan car is a cheverolet kalos. makes a corsa feel like a luxury vehicle

renmar
15-10-09, 09:05 AM
-in fact the latest version known by me is NM2088__7.5C3P3 which I have now after installing update from the DVD 2009/2010
-on that DVD there are also more or updated maps e.g. Russia, Turkey, Baltic Countries (maps are dates 2008.03, previous DVD 2008/2009 contains maps 2007.3)

Rockh
15-10-09, 03:14 PM
Well Vx made an xxxx of things and I'm running round in a Volvo C30 2.0 diesel, not a bad motor unless you want to put anything in the boot :D.
They lost the part but they only rang fleet at 15:00, they've had the car all day for gods sake, not happy :( After some very brief phone calls to fleet, they have now found it again, apparently the job card had some wrong info on it, mmmm, Hopefully I'll get the car back tomorrow.

edder
15-10-09, 06:36 PM
Just a quick question.
Is it possible to run the dvd 800 system,(the sat nav) without having the radio on.

Rockh
15-10-09, 08:07 PM
Sorry no not possible, though you could set the volume of the sat nav to max and turn the radio down to min, might work.

renmar
16-10-09, 06:46 AM
Radio Vol set to 0 - no need for change Navi Volume!
(I have Infinity and in the above configuration after any navi command a delicate but irritationg buzz can be heart from the central speaker :(, when I press Vol- it is total silence again till the next navi command of course)
Anyone has had the same observation?

Gsi3.2
16-10-09, 12:04 PM
fingers crossed...makes you wonder about some dealers doesn't it..:rolleyes:

whoosh
16-02-10, 12:59 PM
A copy of the disk does s/w update, but then asks for nav disk for maps, then it just hangs. Appears can only be done from original.
Well mine did anyway

icemann3016
21-02-10, 08:50 AM
Is there any other change in the software then, except the 7 digit UK post code?

Can anyone try to enter a postcode for Netherlands, with letters. 5614AD let`s say.. In my car, I can't enter the letters, just the numbers. T

mitch1408
27-02-10, 06:52 PM
Is there any other change in the software then, except the 7 digit UK post code?

Can anyone try to enter a postcode for Netherlands, with letters. 5614AD let`s say.. In my car, I can't enter the letters, just the numbers. T

I tried entering your postcode today. after adding 3 of the 4 numbers it changed and gave me options of areas to pick. Heres some pics to explain it a bit better. Not the best pics, it was dark and on my mobile!
http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz311/mitch1408/27022010214.jpg
http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz311/mitch1408/27022010215.jpg
http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz311/mitch1408/27022010216.jpg

And heres how long it would take me to get there!!!
http://i839.photobucket.com/albums/zz311/mitch1408/27022010217.jpg