PDA

View Full Version : what polish

para999
09-09-09, 08:22 PM
as i've posted i have an elite in black i'm not too struck on the polish they used to polish it pre delivery there are what i would call wheel marks. they tried to flog me supagard which i had done on my previous car ( astra sri ).
what treatment/polish would you recommend that will last a long time ( as i'm a lazy sod).?

lewisburglin
09-09-09, 08:27 PM
I use Meg's Super Resin Polish, ususally lasts a month before a re coat. If I use Super shine after it it last a bit longer.

biffbangpow
09-09-09, 08:41 PM
get some lime prime , wax remover
then some super natural , 60 quid a tub !!:eek::eek:
its the dogs mate (-

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/

Vaux Nige
09-09-09, 09:07 PM
Hi mate, I have a black corsa and I use Megulars nxt generation tech wax 2.0 with Megulars nxt generation shampoo and it brings it up brillantly. Megulars all the way:D

lewisburglin
09-09-09, 09:10 PM
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/

Above a very good site.

greasehog
09-09-09, 09:11 PM
I use turtle wax nano tech on my cav always leaves a good finish.

iangte
09-09-09, 09:14 PM
I use Meg's Super Resin Polish, ususally lasts a month before a re coat. If I use Super shine after it it last a bit longer.

its auto glym super resin mate, not meguires also if you coat monthly your actually damaging your paint, each time you wax it, its removes a layer.

for a new car i would recomend tech wax from meguiers but only re-apply when water stops beading on your bonnet never before.

paint is no longer an issue with meguires clay products on the market you can restore flame pink to flame red so don't worry too much

mitch1408
09-09-09, 09:24 PM
I bought the dealers diamond brite package with mine so will get wax, rain away, tyre shine, etc etc with my car. They offered it for £400 and i refused, it was instantly reduced to £200 so snapped it up!! Hopefully this will do the job!

I guess it all depends on the colour too, my wifes black astra needs cleaning/waxing far more often than my grey one!

lewisburglin
09-09-09, 09:36 PM
We all do it our own way.

NovalutionGSi
10-09-09, 06:51 AM
Hi mate, I have a black corsa and I use Megulars nxt generation tech wax 2.0 with Megulars nxt generation shampoo and it brings it up brillantly. Megulars all the way:D

This is the way forward! but with one little extra.

Tech Wax is slightly abrasive so it can remove small marks or bits you missed when washing. to Seal the paintwork afterwards I suggest using Harly Wax, this is a Carnubra (SP....i'm half asleep!) Wax and will give you great depth of shine plus great beading!

So in answer to the original Question my suggestion for a polish is Tech Wax 2.0 and THEN add Harly Wax on top of that but with a Siggy that will take you a whole weekend to do a good job!

Mitch, you shouldnt get much off a brand new car with Clay straight from the Factory. but if you buy one of the ones from the forecourt then you'll get something off them!;)

para999
10-09-09, 10:04 AM
how do you all rate supagard, but thats not at the stealers price of £300 ish ?

NovalutionGSi
10-09-09, 10:10 AM
Cant say i've used it but what i've seen on the Meguiars Site alot of the Valeters will remove what is put on from the Factory. Fair few of them replace it with SwissWax products.

para999
10-09-09, 10:22 AM
Cant say i've used it but what i've seen on the Meguiars Site alot of the Valeters will remove what is put on from the Factory. Fair few of them replace it with SwissWax products.

sorry mate i might be misunderstanding what your saying but the stealers want the £300 to apply supagard after it arrives to the showroom. the claim from supagard is you dont need to re-polish for upto 3 years.

NovalutionGSi
10-09-09, 10:52 AM
sorry mate i might be misunderstanding what your saying but the stealers want the £300 to apply supagard after it arrives to the showroom. the claim from supagard is you dont need to re-polish for upto 3 years.

Ahhh that stuff..... i wouldnt have it done. even if it means "you dont have to polish it for 3 years" doesnt mean its going to look as nice as if you Polish & Wax it with a good quality Polish/Wax Combo every 6 months.
Plus this Supagard and other products like it can hide paint defects, blemmishs and scratches!

Plus there is nothing like giving a car a good clean! Below i hope will inspire you to go without Supagard!
https://vodc.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2553

Mitch, I've not clay'd Lou's ZR for a good 6 months and its only now starting to feel a little rough on the paintwork but is still pretty smooth! Unlike when the Corsa was covered in Overspray from the Dicks next door to my Work!

NovalutionGSi
10-09-09, 11:28 AM
oh dam right Mitch. i think if i had the money to buy brand new then i would do so!

There is a guy on Detailing World who bought an Astra VXR. he went to the factory to inspect the paintwork before it left there and found imperfections etc before it was delivered straight to his house (via the Dealers!). it then went for a week long detail and nothing was left undetailed!

Vaux Nige
11-09-09, 06:07 PM
how do you all rate supagard, but thats not at the stealers price of £300 ish ?

My dad had it applied his MG ZR, it aint worth the money in my opinion because the products they supply you with to top up the coating are not up to much:(. I get a much better shin on my car with the Megulars. Megulars shampoo is also much better than supaguards because it does not produce any bubbles or sud up.

Vaux Nige
11-09-09, 06:13 PM
Piccies?? i wanna see that!!:D:D
I was told i was sad for spending 10 hours detailing my vectra-c. what would they say bout him?/ Lmao.:eek:(-(-:cool:

I wouldn't say it was sad Mitch, I like to spend time detaling my corsa. It just makes your car look like new and in my opinion I don't like driving around in a dirty car:o.

Did you see that guy in TV with the Astra Vxr nurburgring in issue 95? Thats a clean car(-

iangte
11-09-09, 09:06 PM
should be its only a year old

NovalutionGSi
12-09-09, 08:45 AM
I wonder if it was this one..... lol VXRMarc is the guy i was on about on the last page. but i cant find the BLue VXR but this is his new car....

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=81391

Be warned..... the post if xxxxxx Huge!

mitch1408
12-09-09, 09:44 AM
WOW, that is some attention to detail!!

lewisburglin
12-09-09, 11:48 AM
WOW, took me ages to read all that. Wish I had that much time and wallet to do all that!

NovalutionGSi
12-09-09, 07:07 PM
floating around on the Site somewhere is a post between the BLue VXR and the White one. the post involded Marc Detailing his Dyson!

Vaux Nige
12-09-09, 10:00 PM
I wonder if it was this one..... lol VXRMarc is the guy i was on about on the last page. but i cant find the BLue VXR but this is his new car....

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=81391

Be warned..... the post if xxxxxx Huge!

That is very impressive(-:eek:(-. It looked awesome at PVS at Santa Pod(-