PDA

View Full Version : Insignia "Ambient Lighting"

hackjo
13-09-09, 05:14 PM
Hi All,

I saw this mentioned in the brochure as a feature of the interior lighting. Does anyone know what it is and how it looks? Any photos would be useful.

Cheers! :)

chris66
13-09-09, 05:23 PM
i saw something like this on Top gear. mood lighting for your motor. you have a gentle light on when your driving instead of it being pitch black. suppose it'll help you read the paper when your driving. lol;)

lewisburglin
13-09-09, 07:09 PM
Hi All,

I saw this mentioned in the brochure as a feature of the interior lighting. Does anyone know what it is and how it looks? Any photos would be useful.

Its like what they call "submarine lighting" Its 2 X red (led) lights that shine downwards onto the gearstick/centre console, there not too bright just enough to give the cabin a nice feel (ambiance!) in the dark.
:)

chris66
13-09-09, 07:16 PM
Its like what the call "submarine lighting" Its 2 X red (led) lights that shine downwards onto the gearstick/centre console, there not too bright just enought to give the cabin a nice feel in the dark.
:)

red light's shining down into a dark place!!
is there a scantily clad lady sits on the window cill beckoning you to pop in for a "nice feel in the dark"

lewisburglin
13-09-09, 07:17 PM
is there a scantily clad lady sits on the window cill beckoning you to pop in for a "nice feel in the dark"

If only Chris.lol. :rolleyes:

There not that bright.LOL;)

mitch1408
13-09-09, 09:17 PM
I must have overlooked this one! Dispite reading the brochure approximately a million times!! Is it on all trim levels? :confused:

A mate has this on his golf, it looks quite smart, its just the right amount of light to see your way around the cabin in the dark. You dont really notice it as its so subtle, I just hope is the same on the Insignia!

Vectra-Arctic
13-09-09, 09:26 PM

If only Chris.lol. :rolleyes:

There not that bright.LOL;)

Useful for the KanalStrasse in Amsterdam then, blend in nicely.:D

chris66
13-09-09, 09:30 PM
Useful for the KanalStrasse in Amsterdam then, blend in nicely.:D

do you know the postcode for this by memory David?
never been there myself and, no! those aren't my dark glasses and over coat in the car. never seen them before in my life officer. lol;)

Vectra-Arctic
13-09-09, 09:33 PM

do you know the postcode for this by memory David?
never been there myself and, no! those aren't my dark glasses and over coat in the car. never seen them before in my life officer. lol;)

Haven't been there since 1975, memories a little dim these days, must be down to all the 'weed' that was freely available and the women LoL :D

You can always take the cabby, what a chat up line, I can pull the roof down and your undies ... At least you won't have stilleto high heel marks in your roof lining !

chris66
13-09-09, 09:36 PM
Haven't been there since 1975, memories a little dim these days, must be down to all the 'weed' that was freely available and the women LoL :D

You can always take the cabby, what a chat up line, I can pull the roof down and your undies ...

i can't take weed. i'd bypass the women and go straight to McDonalds. munchies!! lol

chris66
13-09-09, 09:37 PM
Hi All,

BUMP! before we have the hi jack conversation again.:o

chris66
13-09-09, 10:02 PM
I have this "ambient lighting in my vec-c.:D:D:cool: although mines not red its amber-ish, & shines down over center console, would have thought this will only be on trim levels that have auto dim r/v mirror though??:confused::confused:

i've got ambient lighting in my convertible. :confused:if its dark, i have the roof down and the street lights are on i have yellow light on my dashboard. :eek:my rear view mirror vibrates so much i can't see anything in it, if yoiu can't see it, it can't blind you=auto dipping. see! and my cars 23 years old! waaaaay ahead of its time:D

chris66
13-09-09, 10:07 PM
I was thinking your ambient lights were blue flashing ones??:p:p:)

no mate. its the reflection off ma bald patch. blinds them when they put the blues on.
You'll never catch me you doity wats!!!!
(just in case it gets lost in translation, thats my best Jimmy Cagney impression)

Amos
14-09-09, 06:21 AM
On my Insignia st there is one on the front mirror & in the back as well off the rear light.

Happy42
14-09-09, 09:33 PM
Hi Folks,

In my elite saloon, lights are built into the underneath of the door handles providing a red glow into door pockets.

another nice touch is the exterior lights below the doors so you can see the ground at night when the door is opened.

(-

chris66
14-09-09, 09:38 PM
oh thats it! i'm going to put these into my convertible. ;)

Ness
18-09-09, 06:02 AM

every time i,ve been there, i just get a voice which sez "BUSY"

hackjo
19-09-09, 10:10 PM
Hi Folks,

In my elite saloon, lights are built into the underneath of the door handles providing a red glow into door pockets.

another nice touch is the exterior lights below the doors so you can see the ground at night when the door is opened.

(-

Would this feature on the SRI?

cameron66
19-09-09, 10:36 PM
OT a wee bit sorry.

One of the things I like about this BM I bought is the quite powerful LEDs which shine down from under the exterior door handles to iluminate the ground down the side the car when you press the remote unlock, looks really good.

oops keep forgetting this is a vx Insignia forum...lol

rosco
19-09-09, 11:44 PM
Would this feature on the SRI?

yup

hackjo
09-10-09, 08:35 PM
Can anyone do some photos of this in action? I hope our SRI has the door handle lights!

chris66
09-10-09, 08:36 PM
Can anyone do some photos of this in action? I hope our SRI has the door handle lights!

if it wasn't p'ssing down i was going to run out and get a pic of the cav with a torch shining on the door handle.:rolleyes: damn this infernal weather!

hackjo
09-10-09, 09:03 PM
Lmao!

Powerod
13-10-09, 05:06 PM

Here's a piccy of the 'Puddle lighting' on the bottom of the drivers and passenger door. These are on the SE model, You can just about see the ambient lighting that is shinning into the door pocket.
I hope they are also on the SRi Model as this is what I have ordered.

hackjo
13-10-09, 05:32 PM
Here's a piccy of the 'Puddle lighting' on the bottom of the drivers and passenger door. These are on the SE model, You can just about see the ambient lighting that is shinning into the door pocket.

Nice! Cheers for that mate.

I sat in an SRI the other day and it had lights in the footwells when you opened the door. Nice.

thermalactivity
13-10-09, 05:59 PM

i have an sri and yes i can confirm mine has the "puddle" lights under the doors and the "ambient" lights shining down from the roof to the gearstick, roof to the back seats and also in both door pockets.

mitch1408
13-10-09, 06:05 PM
i have an sri and yes i can confirm mine has the "puddle" lights under the doors and the "ambient" lights shining down from the roof to the gearstick, roof to the back seats and also in both door pockets.

Anyone know if the Elite has these?

Powerod
13-10-09, 06:17 PM
Yep, the Elite has got these too.

para999
13-10-09, 08:45 PM
Anyone know if the Elite has these?

yes the elite has cos mine has :)

Sportstourer
14-10-09, 01:13 PM
Yes. They are on the Elite. In fact they are on all models except the "S" as per page 59 of the 2010 brochure.