PDA

View Full Version : Display screen for Dual-Zone Climate Control on non-Nav models

hackjo
13-09-09, 05:16 PM
Hi All,

We've specified the Dual-Zone climate control on our Insignia SRI and was wondering if we will get a bigger display than the simple one-line affair that the models without navigation have. In the brochure, there is a picture of a larger graphic display screen above the section that mentions the option pack containing the Dual-Zone CC.

Does anyone know the answer to this?

Cheers :)

lewisburglin
13-09-09, 05:27 PM
The climate control chas the same display as the single climate, albiet 2 sets of tempretures of course.
The non nav modelss come with a small slim line display unless you have the SE and Elite where you get the slightly bigger "radio" display (CD300).

So sorry mate, unless you have the uprated radio or the nav unit its the amstrad style display as standard.

hackjo
13-09-09, 05:30 PM
OK, thanks mate - no major loss there I suppose, but a big screen is always nice!

lewisburglin
13-09-09, 07:07 PM
OK, thanks mate - no major loss there I suppose, but a big screen is always nice!

Your have Nice confortable vented Leather seats instead, nice option. -)

Melbury
15-09-09, 02:10 PM
The climate control chas the same display as the single climate, albiet 2 sets of tempretures of course.
The non nav modelss come with a small slim line display unless you have the SE and Elite where you get the slightly bigger "radio" display (CD300).

So sorry mate, unless you have the uprated radio or the nav unit its the amstrad style display as standard.

The awful non DAB Amstrad thing IS the CD300, the CD400 is the one that should be standard on the Exclusiv at least !

lewisburglin
15-09-09, 02:28 PM
The awful non DAB Amstrad thing IS the CD300, the CD400 is the one that should be standard on the Exclusiv at least !

Ah yeah, course, you get 7 speakers with the CD400 and more wattage per channel.

cameron66
15-09-09, 02:38 PM
I thought the sound quality on the basic CD300 was quite decent, the small display is not that bad either, the thing that annoyed me a little was the fact that the brightness of the display had a mind of its own. It always looked too bright compared to the other displays.

The next one up, does'nt look better either due to the fact its slightly larger, the text looks a bit on the big side and it shows up that overbrightness issue more.

I'm assuming of course that VX have not listened to its customers and reduced the brightness level on the centre display. In fact I'd be interested to know if VX have reduced it on these later models, if so its should look fine even on the small displays.

Melbury
15-09-09, 03:47 PM
I thought the sound quality on the basic CD300 was quite decent, the small display is not that bad either, the thing that annoyed me a little was the fact that the brightness of the display had a mind of its own. It always looked too bright compared to the other displays.

The next one up, does'nt look better either due to the fact its slightly larger, the text looks a bit on the big side and it shows up that overbrightness issue more.

I'm assuming of course that VX have not listened to its customers and reduced the brightness level on the centre display. In fact I'd be interested to know if VX have reduced it on these later models, if so its should look fine even on the small displays.
The CD300 sound quality is fine but a problem not everybody will experience is the lack of DAB. This is where you are in an area where a local radio station
cuts in on your preferred one. In fact where I am a local station is broadcasting on the same FM frequency as the one I want to listen to.
Apart from that, reception can be lost entirely in some areas.
This was never encountered with DAB which I had on a Vectra Exclusiv and before that an Astra Life. So thats my gripe with that!

svpworld
09-11-09, 07:28 PM
Speaker set up and power output is exactly the same on the Exclusiv or the CD300 set up than with the SE or Elite... only differences are you get a multi cd loader and dab on the cd 400 and a 4 line display.... Even with the DVD 800 you still get the same speaker set up - i.e. 2 speakers in the back doors, 2 in the front doors, 2 tweeters in the corners of the front doors and a centre speaker in the top of the dash.

CD300 is excellent quality so unless you are sure of good DAB reception then I see no probs with the CD300... I tend to listen to my own stuff anyway and the smaller display is less distracting AND you get a useful storage pocket below it for tickets etc!

Simon