PDA

View Full Version : You know I said....

lewisburglin
15-09-09, 05:23 PM
Everything was good with the car.......

Picking Mrs up from work, starts the car...... Engine Mangement Light on Constantly.

Gonna have to wait until the morning now to call the dealers, what a bummer!

Anyone know how to read the fault codes on these new insignias? (manual says emmisions problem which could mean anything.lol)

happymonk
15-09-09, 05:26 PM
have you tried a google search?

thermalactivity
15-09-09, 05:30 PM
Anyone know how to read the fault codes on these new insignias? (manual says emmisions problem which could mean anything.lol)

im sure there was a thread on here somewhere showing all the fault codes?? sounds like it could be the DPF as my Astra used to do this a lot?

lewisburglin
15-09-09, 05:32 PM
have you tried a google search?

Yeah nothing for the Insignia yet. On my old fords it was a case of holding down a button when you turn on the ignition.
Pain as dont know if its ok to drive to work tomorrow now :-/

thermalactivity
15-09-09, 05:42 PM
Yeah nothing for the Insignia yet. On my old fords it was a case of holding down a button when you turn on the ignition.
Pain as dont know if its ok to drive to work tomorrow now :-/

found this on another forum if its any help? not sure if the codes are the same for the insignia :confused:

http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67577

lewisburglin
15-09-09, 06:08 PM
Have you read the codes?? do you know the two pedal stamp, that you can do on the Vec-c??:confused:;);)

Yep tried that.lol, never mind see what they say tomorrow, they'll probably just reset it anyway!lol

thermalactivity
15-09-09, 06:12 PM
how about the disconnect the battery for 10 minutes if all else fails trick? ;)

cameron66
15-09-09, 06:15 PM
Everything was good with the car.......

Picking Mrs up from work, starts the car...... Engine Mangement Light on Constantly.

Gonna have to wait until the morning now to call the dealers, what a bummer!

Sorry to hear this news matey, lets hope its something silly which can be fixed quickly, and not require parts to be ordered, has it gone into limp mode with big loss of power, ie. no accelleration etc. ? Diesels seem to have had very few problems other than the DMF issues, which.. since they changed supplier in early August is also now hopefully resolved.
Hope its a simple fix Lewis. probably a plug come adrift from the EGR or similar.

lewisburglin
15-09-09, 06:17 PM
Sorry to hear this news matey, lets hope its something silly which can be fixed quickly, and not require parts to be ordered, has it gone into limp mode with big loss of power, ie. no accelleration etc. ? Diesels seem to have had very few problems other than the DMF issues, which.. since they changed supplier in early August is also now hopefully resolved.
Hope its a simple fix Lewis.

No power is fine. Maybe I was a bit hard on the accelerator with a new car.:o:o:o

cameron66
15-09-09, 06:23 PM
No power is fine. Maybe I was a bit hard on the accelerator with a new car.:o:o:o

If its driving normall with normal power I certainly would'nt think its anything too serious, AYS hopefully they will sort it quickly once they read the codes, let us know what it was after its been to the dealer.

lewisburglin
16-09-09, 12:21 PM
On the way to the dealers today it started cuting out under low power, put foot right down and its fine, so im thinking maybe a fuel injector issue or something, air in the system where the fuel was so low on delivery? Hope its the later then its a easy drain etc. I want it back!lol. Think i know how cam feels now, so frustrating.lol.

lewisburglin
16-09-09, 06:13 PM
EGR valve.

New part :-(

essixash
16-09-09, 06:15 PM
EGR valve.

New part :-(

oh what a whind up, least they know what it is though. U still able to use it in the mean time?

lewisburglin
16-09-09, 06:28 PM
oh what a whind up, least they know what it is though. U still able to use it in the mean time?

Hi Mate, they said I could have it back as they reset the fault but I told them to keep it until its Fixed, only thing is I've got to go to london (from chester) next week so i'd really like it for that journey.

He did say though there going to get a rushed part from Germany on next day to maybe i'll have it Friday, latest Saturday.....mmmm what are the chances of that happining? 10%....If they do get it sorted i'll give them a medal for the fasted part delivered from AG!.lol

essixash
16-09-09, 06:30 PM
Hi Mate, they said I could have it back as they reset the fault but I told them to keep it until its Fixed, only thing is I've got to go to london (from chester) next week so i'd really like it for that journey.

He did say though there going to get a rushed part from Germany on next day to maybe i'll have it Friday, latest Saturday.....mmmm what are the chances of that happining? 10%....If they do get it sorted i'll give them a medal for the fasted part delivered from AG!.lol

lol yeah ill be shocked too haha. I cant believe the time has come after all this time. Il have a new car in the morning :eek: im in shock im not sure im gonna make it to the morning lol. It looks really big :eek: lol

cameron66
16-09-09, 06:33 PM
On the way to the dealers today it started cuting out under low power, put foot right down and its fine, so im thinking maybe a fuel injector issue or something, air in the system where the fuel was so low on delivery? Hope its the later then its a easy drain etc. I want it back!lol. Think i know how cam feels now, so frustrating.lol.

Hope no-one goes through the hassle and frustration I had matey, all cars can give the odd problem, it's when your dealer still has'nt fixed them 3 months later that really gets you frustrated. Example..One of the minor issue's I had was the climate control Led display going blank, and everytime the dealer had a go at it my car came back with little marks around the centre trim, which would'nt have been so bad if they had fixed the problem.

I ended up fixing it myself when I had the centre assembly out to try and fix those creaks which I think they made worse anyway. One of the pins in the climate control plug was being pushed back out when the plug was pushed on, so why they did'nt spot it beats me..... hardly rocket science stuff. On examination the pin had been totally wrecked, so I got a suitable replacment from Maplins and fitted a new pin, soldering it rather than crimping, and it gave no trouble after that. Good job I was in the electronics business for many years and it was a simple fix.

My dealer was just totally useless matey, the first sign of that gearbox playing up... was the last straw and literally flicked the switch for me.. it had to go.:(

GM customer care sent me a large questionaire thingy a couple of weeks ago, which I never bothered to fill in, I thought it would be kinder to bin it. There was a second one awaiting me on our return from holiday, so this time I've sent it off...lol Well they did ask, and because I no longer have to deal with my local dealer I've not been quite so generous in my comments this time.

Anyway.. no more rants from me, I'm a happy bunny now.. :D

Hopefully your car has now been fixed Lewis.. what was wrong?.... EDIT... I see it was the EGR valve, lets hope they get one in quickly.

mitch1408
16-09-09, 06:33 PM
Well I really hope they get the parts and you get your car back mate. The long journey would be a nice run out in it so you can see what is like, and get to show it off to hundreds of passers by!! ;)

lewisburglin
16-09-09, 06:39 PM
lol yeah ill be shocked too haha. I cant believe the time has come after all this time. Il have a new car in the morning :eek: im in shock im not sure im gonna make it to the morning lol. It looks really big :eek: lol

Lol.....excited? Make sure you look after it and give it a nice clean and a coat of wax.

They are big mate, especially your 20" rims. :-)

Your love the Nav unit a right gadget, did U go for bluetooth?

Despite my issues with the car I still like it to bits...

essixash
16-09-09, 06:48 PM
No didnt opt for bluetooth, i couldnt get to greedy or id be bankrupt, the 20s add nearly a grand on alone lol i got a sight and light pack aswell though

lewisburglin
17-09-09, 11:05 AM
Update.... Part ordered 3pm Yeaterday from Germany, part expected late today or First thing tommrrow, can have the car back Friday evening!

Now thats what I call service!

essixash
17-09-09, 11:11 AM
Update.... Part ordered 3pm Yeaterday from Germany, part expected late today or First thing tommrrow, can have the car back Friday evening!

Now thats what I call service!

wow that is good mate, spot on. What a result :)

lewisburglin
18-09-09, 04:38 PM
wow that is good mate, spot on. What a result :)

Typical VX full of empty promices. Part now monday....doesnt matter as im away all next week anyway.

To put it mildly fuming. :mad:

Toon
21-09-09, 07:25 PM
I got my new car about a week ago and within 24 hours my EMS light came on constantly. I had it at the garage about 4 times and eventually they had to order in a new valve from Germany which so far has done the trick.

lewisburglin
21-09-09, 07:52 PM
I got my new car about a week ago and within 24 hours my EMS light came on constantly. I had it at the garage about 4 times and eventually they had to order in a new valve from Germany which so far has done the trick.

Mmmmm a weak point I wonder, did yours start cutting out mate or was it just the light?

My valve still hasnt been fitted yet!

Toon
22-09-09, 06:04 PM
Just the light for me, fortunately.

cameron66
22-09-09, 08:16 PM
Mmmmm a weak point I wonder, did yours start cutting out mate or was it just the light?

My valve still hasnt been fitted yet!

Usually EGR valves are pretty reliable so I doubt its a issue to worry about.

They tend to clog up with sooty deposits after quite a mileage and require a clean or replacement, just 4 bolts holding it on. Its just a simple solenoid which opens a pair of valves (both on same shaft) so it really is a very simple device. Unusual to go faulty so quicky, I can only assume it's either sticking for some reason or the solenoid has gone open circuit. Its also possible it may be something silly like the plug to it, is not seated properly, or its come out completely, it pushes upwards against gravity into the unit so if its not clicked in properly it comes out quite easily with the vibration of the engine.

lewisburglin
23-09-09, 09:54 AM
Usually EGR valves are pretty reliable so I doubt its a issue to worry about.

They tend to clog up with sooty deposits after quite a mileage and require a clean or replacement, just 4 bolts holding it on. Its just a simple solenoid which opens a pair of valves (both on same shaft) so it really is a very simple device. Unusual to go faulty so quicky, I can only assume it's either sticking for some reason or the solenoid has gone open circuit. Its also possible it may be something silly like the plug to it, is not seated properly, or its come out completely, it pushes upwards against gravity into the unit so if its not clicked in properly it comes out quite easily with the vibration of the engine.

Who knows a?! Typical for me to get a duffen!lol

lewisburglin
24-09-09, 10:30 AM
Parts in! Been Fitted today, fingers crossed a!

lewisburglin
24-09-09, 11:40 AM
It will be ready for your return tomorrow then Lewis?:cool::cool:
Just hope this is the end of your troubles, they should have it right by now, or you would have thought.:(:(

Lol, you would hope so Mitch, yeah SHOULD be ready for me to collect tommorow.lol.
Its like getting the car new all over again.lol

....then I can start on them poi's ;-)

thermalactivity
24-09-09, 03:38 PM
Lol, you would hope so Mitch, yeah SHOULD be ready for me to collect tommorow.lol.
Its like getting the car new all over again.lol
....then I can start on them poi's ;-)

only 7 days to go for me now or 6 sleeps!!! then i can also start on those poi's :confused:

lewisburglin
24-09-09, 03:46 PM
My cars ready and been tested. All ok!!!!!!!!!!!

Bet your excited Thermal! Nice spec too ;-)

thermalactivity
24-09-09, 03:52 PM
My cars ready and been tested. All ok!!!!!!!!!!!
Bet your excited Thermal! Nice spec too ;-)

excellent news lewis - did they say exactly what caused the problem and that it wont happen again? its just ive got a feeling mine may end up the same :o
im like a little boy at xmas waiting to unwrap my raleigh chopper all over again! :D

lewisburglin
24-09-09, 03:57 PM
excellent news lewis - did they say exactly what caused the problem and that it wont happen again? its just ive got a feeling mine may end up the same :o
im like a little boy at xmas waiting to unwrap my raleigh chopper all over again! :D

Lol, Apparantly a electronic connector or something. Im going to ask to see the part that has caused me so much Grief!lol

Fingers crossed it wont but just check when you get yours to see if theres ANY hesitation at low revs! (my mates has a little of this and is going to get it checked:confused:)

cameron66
24-09-09, 06:38 PM
Lol, Apparantly a electronic connector or something. Im going to ask to see the part that has caused me so much Grief!lol

Fingers crossed it wont but just check when you get yours to see if theres ANY hesitation at low revs! (my mates has a little of this and is going to get it checked:confused:)

Think I'll put a tenna on it just being a loose plug or it fell out...lol. I'd be surprised if the dealer admitted it was something silly like this anyway.
Would'nt look good for them.. would it.

Heard of several veccies and 1 Insignia on the forums where the plug to the EGR came out, had it occur on my own Vec-c once, due to a broken locking clip... soon fixed with cable tie. Its quite common due to the plug fitting underneath..going in upwards. Anyway... good to hear its okay now. You can start enjoying your new car again.:)

higgsy
24-09-09, 07:12 PM
has anyone had a problem with the Navi 800???? I picked the car up on September 11th, on the 16th (5 days after picking it up) the radio stopped recieving a signal (sounds like the antenna cable had disconected). My local VX couldnt solve the problem but are going to replace the unit. ive spoken to them today 24th September and they tell me that they have no delivery date for the unit and it might not be an available part. so how long will this take to be fixed. my car now has been without a radio longer than ive owned it.
They also scratched my back bumper climbing in and out checking the antenna.

Rockh
24-09-09, 07:24 PM
Not had any problems with the radio per say, my colour screen packed in the other week and I'm waiting on my dealer contacting me when it arrives. They said the same thing about not having a delivery date.

I'd be pushing for them to get the bumper resprayed, the paint job on them isn't the best as it's very thin and it chips far too easily IMHO.

I've discovered paint gun splatters on my roof from when the car was sprayed, you can only see them when you get up close but still rather annoying, will be speaking to the dealer when I eventually go back for the display replacement.

higgsy
24-09-09, 07:35 PM
Sorry i should have said, VX have said they will repair the bumper as a good will gesture (never admited to causing the damage :mad:). ive got some of the paint splatter on the roof, bonnet and rear quarter panels. Its not good when most of the cars are costing 20k plus.
i bet VX will be on watchdog over the Insignias if all this carries on :)

Rockh
24-09-09, 07:48 PM
Ouch, mines not that bad. I'd be asking the dealer to get them sorted at the same time they do the bumper.

Peterborough-John
24-09-09, 08:13 PM
I am now worried :( my insignia arrives on Monday, so many problems reported here and we must be a small number of actual deliveries.
Surely this car cant be so bad ?
Well here's hoping its not as have been waiting long time. :confused::confused:

higgsy
24-09-09, 08:26 PM
Dont be worried i think the car is great and i still like it even though its caused a few problems. Its just the things that go wrong seem to take an age to get fixed :mad:.
Mines a MY10 model SRI nav 160 carbon flash with bluetooth. Its a great car and even better with the electric handbrake and the infotainment control.
let us know what you think of yours on monday :)

Peterborough-John
24-09-09, 08:33 PM
Dont be worried i think the car is great and i still like it even though its caused a few problems. Its just the things that go wrong seem to take an age to get fixed :mad:.
Mines a MY10 model SRI nav 160 carbon flash with bluetooth. Its a great car and even better with the electric handbrake and the infotainment control.
let us know what you think of yours on monday :)

Mine is elite nav only extra is bluetooth, will defo be letting know first impressions and first weeks of owning. One thing though this car does turn heads and it does stand out even in the 'one look' car models out and about nowadays.

Rockh
24-09-09, 09:01 PM
Small issues aside it's a very good car. Ok the fuel consumption isn't the greatest but let it loose on a long motorway trip and it eats miles without issues.

The biggest gripe appears to be Vx/Opel's lack of spares and support for the vehicle. Most likely it's down to the financial state of the company but it's still not an excuse. You produce a product which can and will break and you would expect them to have enough bits available.

cameron66
25-09-09, 12:01 AM
Mine is elite nav only extra is bluetooth, will defo be letting know first impressions and first weeks of owning. One thing though this car does turn heads .

A Sinclair C5 tends to turn heads too, actually saw one today weaving through the traffic in Worcester, some office gent with a suit on was driving it...lol

cameron66
25-09-09, 12:15 AM
:)

I think that is the biggest issue with the Insignia at the moment, the simple fact that it does indeed seem to take ages for even minor things to get fixed.
Thats what really annoyed me when I had mine, 13 weeks after picking it up some of the issues which were on the car when I picked it up were still outstanding 13 weeks later due to no spares, or the dealer had been unable to fix it despite going in 3 or 4 times for the same thing. The later most likey due to the fact they are not yet conversant with the new models or just a incompetent dealer... I dont know which.

However you have to remember that there are thousands of owners out there that have had no issues at all, in many cases people only post on forums when they have problems.

From what I can see most of the issues have been quite minor, with just a few exceptions, but yes it is unreasonable to expect customers to wait excessively for spares, I had heard that spares are coming through a little faster than they used to a few months ago. Its a totally brand new car so its obvious one will get the odd teething problems, though I believe the newer models coming through appear to be pretty good from what I've heard. A guy in our village has just recieved his after only a 4 week wait he was telling me, and he is highly delighted with it, with not a single problem to report. I gave him a new set of mats and a few bits which I'd bought for mine and were no longer needed.

cameron66
25-09-09, 12:25 AM
Yeah but for all the wrong reasons also!:D:D:D

He left me standing in the traffic anyway, mind you it looked very vunerable and unsafe IMO, first time I've seen one for a very long time.

lewisburglin
25-09-09, 07:54 AM
I think that is the biggest issue with the Insignia at the moment, the simple fact that it does indeed seem to take ages for even minor things to get fixed.
Thats what really annoyed me when I had mine, 13 weeks after picking it up some of the issues which were on the car when I picked it up were still outstanding 13 weeks later due to no spares, or the dealer had been unable to fix it despite going in 3 or 4 times for the same thing. The later most likey due to the fact they are not yet conversant with the new models or just a incompetent dealer... I dont know which.

However you have to remember that there are thousands of owners out there that have had no issues at all, in many cases people only post on forums when they have problems.

From what I can see most of the issues have been quite minor, with just a few exceptions, but yes it is unreasonable to expect customers to wait excessively for spares, I had heard that spares are coming through a little faster than they used to a few months ago. Its a totally brand new car so its obvious one will get the odd teething problems, though I believe the newer models coming through appear to be pretty good from what I've heard. A guy in our village has just recieved his after only a 4 week wait he was telling me, and he is highly delighted with it, with not a single problem to report. I gave him a new set of mats and a few bits which I'd bought for mine and were no longer needed.

Well said Cam,
I was waiting a week which is a few days too long but VX wanted to give me a insignia courtesy car car so not all bad.

Get it back later so i'll report if alls fixed!.lol

Slider
25-09-09, 11:05 AM
I was going to make a similar point made by Cam, about the thousands of owners out there, but he beat me too it. To date I have had not problems with mine even though I bought the cheapo version, but to be honest just could not justify spending more based on the low mileage I do. I have had my car two months now and just coming up to 900 miles.

cameron66
25-09-09, 01:04 PM
I was going to make a similar point made by Cam, about the thousands of owners out there, but he beat me too it. To date I have had not problems with mine even though I bought the cheapo version, but to be honest just could not justify spending more based on the low mileage I do. I have had my car two months now and just coming up to 900 miles.

I never had any problems whatsoever with my first Insignia either, and that was one of the older 58 plate models. There will always be the odd lemon, its just the luck of the draw, it was just my turn to get one this time round..lol. First was the 160 diesel, which I thought was a little louder than my previos 56 plate vec-c 150, and I foolishly went for the petrol when I ordered the 2nd one, just fancied a much quieter car... bad decision... as it was far more underpowered than I anticipated it would be and TBH it was not as quiet as it could have been either, at least mine was'nt anyway. Good motorway car, but accelleration was not good at all, always seemed very flat with no response when you floored it. Really needed to get those revs round the clock to get any decent momentum, so I personally would not recommend the 1.8, the diesel versions are far more lively.

lewisburglin
26-09-09, 01:43 PM
And Guess What......gone Again Same Thing.....f**king Sh*te Cars

cameron66
26-09-09, 03:00 PM
And Guess What......gone Again Same Thing.....f**king Sh*te Cars

I'm more inclined to think 'Sh*te dealers' I thought it a bit unusual a new EGR would be faulty, though of course its possible, I think its more than likely a bad connection somewhere and they never really found it and fixed it, despite what they told you. ie. It probably corrected itself with them pushing n pulling plugs etc. One thing is certain... no way would two EGR valves go duff, more chance winning the lottery. Bad electrical connections on the other hand especially on a brand new car can and do happen, its locating it that's the problem.

Unlike some people who have changed from one make of car to another because they had lots of issues, I promised to myself I would not be unduly critical of the Insignia just because I had a few problems, and I've been careful not to do so. To do that in my book on the forums is called trolling, so I've tried to be subjective, and where possible helpful, so I'm not going to start being critical of the car now.

My Insignia went into the dealer's 4 times because the climate control LED display kept going intermittently blank, and do you know... in the end it was nothing more serious than a silly damaged pin on a plug which plugged into it. I found it myself when I had the console out trying to fix those creaks.
Replaced the damaged pin and it was okay after.

So.. why did'nt they find it..? I bet they never even took the centre console out to check it.

I was hoping these new batch of Insignia's would have far less issues. Like I've said a few times its not so bad if the dealers fix it quickly and its fixed the first time not the 3rd or 4th time. One of the techs where mine came from admitted they knew very little about the new models, as few had gone wrong at that time.

Anyway Lewis, I hope they fix it this time when you take it in. Just have a bit of patience matey I'm sure they will sort it.(-

cameron66
27-09-09, 09:01 AM
Well the eldest son popped over early this morning, and I asked him if the diesel Insignia they had off me earlier in the year was still going okay, and apparently it too had to go into their Kingswinford dealer on Thursday for a loud rattle noise from the clutch, so its obviously a DMF flywheel replacement job, as usual the parts are on back order and they have supplied a courtesy car to the engineer, but only for a maximum of 2 weeks. Its done quite a few miles in a short space of time, about 19k and until this its been reliable. Most of the engineers use Mondeo estates, this is the only VX car in the car pool... hmmmm. not good. I just cant believe they would sell cars in the UK without any spares being available.
At least their dealer is very near to them as the business is on the Kingswinford trading estate next door.

para999
27-09-09, 02:16 PM
I just cant believe they would sell cars in the UK without any spares being available.

i think the problem here is that because of the state of vauxhall at the moment ( thats the u.k side of their industry)

they've been reluctant to stock up on spare parts.
now if it was the german branch where 'merkel' has looked after their own and stuff anyone else the spare parts would be coming out of every one of her orrifices.

lewisburglin
02-10-09, 04:24 PM
UPDATE:
Got the car back today, I told the dealer to give it a good drive...he did 100 miles.lol.
Seems ok,
What parts have they changed....None
All they said was it was a issue with the DPF and the amount of fuel being sent to the filter, theyve downloaded the latest ECU software sent direct from Opel to the car to sort this.
Will it work lets find out.
2 plus points:
Very smooth up the gears..
Blo**y hell it pulls like a train!....i hope this lasts!

lewisburglin
03-10-09, 08:29 AM
Thats good news, but it took how long to get this file e-mailed over??:confused::confused::eek:

It sounds a good piece of software & i bet a few others would benefit from this too??;):cool::cool:(-

Lets hope this is the end of your toils.:)

I know Mitch they said it wasnt even a email it was a intranet download.
But they've all only just had the training course apparantly (chatting to the engineer) so mine was the guinea pig it seems.
Saying that they did take good care of it always parking it ayay from other cars so no dents in doors!...covering seats etc.
Even though its annoying waiting I told them to take it for 2 days of test drives,
As i keep saying (sory.lol) fingers crossed.