PDA

View Full Version : to tint or not to tint

para999
18-09-09, 09:59 PM
ok i have a black elite and i'm thinking about tinting the windows the rear half that is. does anybody know how much it would cost or who would do it.
lastly any thoughts on what it would look like i don't want it looking like a herse

iangte
18-09-09, 10:04 PM
tint it mate and around £150-£200

para999
18-09-09, 10:05 PM
ta for that, where would i get it done i live in wiltshire and is it just stick on stuff.

iangte
18-09-09, 10:10 PM
most tints are film we have loads of good places in the west mids, not sure about wiltshire but check your yellow pages and ask about

happymonk
19-09-09, 02:18 AM
most tints are film we have loads of good places in the west mids, not sure about wiltshire but check your yellow pages and ask about

when you say west midlands what part I'm in Birmingham and looking for a good tinting company

Toon
21-09-09, 07:20 PM
I've been thinking about getting my white elite done. I'm worried that if I do the front windows then the tinted mirrors will make everything too dark, what do you think?

Vaux Nige
21-09-09, 07:42 PM
Tint it, just don't go to dark if I were you. Ive got tints on the rear windows of my Corsa Exclusiv which were done at the factory. The cars black and they really do work well.

Insigna would look ace!(-

carpetmonster
27-09-09, 02:48 PM
I've been thinking about getting my white elite done. I'm worried that if I do the front windows then the tinted mirrors will make everything too dark, what do you think?

Hi!
Ive just got my new white Exclusiv, and had total blackout (limo black) done on all the rear windows. It really does look the dogs nuts, and Im especially pleased because the front windows already have a slight factory tint and it all blends in a treat. Can do some side and rear shots if you fancy a peep.

regards

greasehog
27-09-09, 02:54 PM
Hi!
Ive just got my new white Exclusiv, and had total blackout (limo black) done on all the rear windows. It really does look the dogs nuts, and Im especially pleased because the front windows already have a slight factory tint and it all blends in a treat. Can do some side and rear shots if you fancy a peep.

regards

Ooo lets have a look... I'm thinking of getting my windows tinted but don't just want to get the rear ones done as a mate of mine who is a copper said it's illegal to get the front ones tinted.. It never used to be though... Apparently if you get a jobs worth copper pull you over for your tints they can make you pull the tints off there and then or get a fine and a producer...

carpetmonster
27-09-09, 03:05 PM
Ooo lets have a look... I'm thinking of getting my windows tinted but don't just want to get the rear ones done as a mate of mine who is a copper said it's illegal to get the front ones tinted.. It never used to be though... Apparently if you get a jobs worth copper pull you over for your tints they can make you pull the tints off there and then or get a fine and a producer...

2 pics of blackout tints. After having this done, I dont think the fronts even need consideration as they blend in nicely.

higgsy
27-09-09, 04:09 PM
tints look cool, if you dont mind me asking how much did you pay? ive been quoted £180 for the rear doors and hatch but ive no idea if thats a good :) or bad :mad: price

Vectra-Arctic
27-09-09, 04:48 PM
Over tinted resembles a he*rse. Just don't overdo it. :)

If I type in the word h e a r s e the swear filter clobbers it ! LoL

carpetmonster
27-09-09, 06:05 PM
tints look cool, if you dont mind me asking how much did you pay? ive been quoted £180 for the rear doors and hatch but ive no idea if thats a good :) or bad :mad: price

My outgoing black vectra sri estate with tints is a he*rse! haha

I had mine done by the dealer, well, they sorted it all out with a local chap. I paid £235 for the job which im happy with, maybe the dealer had 20 quid or so i dont know but had a real good deal on the entire package.

cameron66
28-09-09, 12:23 AM
Never had a car tinted, though I do like the look of them. Do these tints once applied stop on properly... ie. dont lift when windows operated and such like.
Would I be correct in assuming that the difficulty is them getting all the air bubbles out too, so none show up, or do you still end up with a few showing.

I have difficult just putting a screen protector on the wifes DS without getting bubbles in it.:D

cameron66
28-09-09, 01:06 AM
Cameron, please don't go for tints!!:D:D

Knowing how articulate you are, i don't think these would be for you.
yes there is an element of bubles, but usually disappear, sometime you do get minute ones left, but not that obvious, to the eye.:):)(-

lol... Are you saying you think I'm overly fussy:D My youngest son has tinted windows in the rear windows of his Mondeo estate, mainly so it hides his tools and equipment from view, his is the proper dark glass though.. looks quite smart, he reckons the tints were not that brilliant, I suppose it depends who fits them. However you are probably right, I am fussy!. lol

thermalactivity
28-09-09, 11:19 AM
i have been thinking of getting the rear windows of my black insignia (delivered this thursday!!) tinted and have been quoted £175 from the vauxhall dealership. ive spoke to a few colleagues at work who have their focuses/mondeos done and they say you can hardly see anything out the back window when driving at night so this may put me off, especially with the poor rear visibility in the insignia already!! anyone have any advice on what percentage tint to go for??

Melbury
28-09-09, 02:48 PM
Over tinted resembles a he*rse. Just don't overdo it. :)

If I type in the word h e a r s e the swear filter clobbers it ! LoL

thought the dark tints ok but on the white car I think a green tint would look better !

Vectra-Arctic
28-09-09, 04:49 PM
thought the dark tints ok but on the white car I think a green tint would look better !

I would have thought green looked kinda mouldy !

happymonk
28-09-09, 05:22 PM
Never had a car tinted, though I do like the look of them. Do these tints once applied stop on properly... ie. dont lift when windows operated and such like.
Would I be correct in assuming that the difficulty is them getting all the air bubbles out too, so none show up, or do you still end up with a few showing.

I have difficult just putting a screen protector on the wifes DS without getting bubbles in it.:D

Your wifes lol i like the way you blame it on being the wifes

i have been thinking of getting the rear windows of my black insignia (delivered this thursday!!) tinted and have been quoted £175 from the vauxhall dealership. ive spoke to a few colleagues at work who have their focuses/mondeos done and they say you can hardly see anything out the back window when driving at night so this may put me off, especially with the poor rear visibility in the insignia already!! anyone have any advice on what percentage tint to go for??

Put some sunglasses on and thats what it's like, just need to uses your mirrors more, like you would when driving a van