PDA

View Full Version : New Insignia owner .....soon.

edder
21-09-09, 07:52 PM
Posted this on the newbie forum as at the time couldn't post on here.

Have almost decided to purchase an insigna elite (160)nav 5 door.The vehicle in stock at the dealers but with the 19" wheels, my question is will I get an awful ride and what is the tyre wear on these expensive tyres or should I ask the dealer if they will swap for smaller diameter from another car.
The car is 2009 model(59reg) with a hefty discount and a fair p/x on my car.

mitch1408
21-09-09, 07:59 PM
Wow, a dealer with an Insignia in stock!!!

ive gone for the Elite also but with a few options, ordered 3 months ago, should be here a month tomorrow.

I dont know about the tyre wear but surely if you took it for a test drive you would find out what the ride comfort is like, I dont think anyone can advise you on that as everyone is different and I guess it also depends on what car you are changing from. Does it have Flexride on or is it standard throughout?

edder
21-09-09, 09:32 PM
Wow, a dealer with an Insignia in stock!!!

ive gone for the Elite also but with a few options, ordered 3 months ago, should be here a month tomorrow.

I dont know about the tyre wear but surely if you took it for a test drive you would find out what the ride comfort is like, I dont think anyone can advise you on that as everyone is different and I guess it also depends on what car you are changing from. Does it have Flexride on or is it standard throughout?

On the stock issue,many months ago there were/are old airfields filled with unsold cars but go and try and buy one ,join the waiting list!
The extras on my? car are 19" alloys,bluetooth and metallic paint.
This car is the 2009 model year,yours will be 2010MY.

Amos
22-09-09, 06:10 AM
I have 19" and the ride is very good, tyre wear its to early fo me to say its on 4k and no wear.

Posted this on the newbie forum as at the time couldn't post on here.

Have almost decided to purchase an insigna elite (160)nav 5 door.The vehicle in stock at the dealers but with the 19" wheels, my question is will I get an awful ride and what is the tyre wear on these expensive tyres or should I ask the dealer if they will swap for smaller diameter from another car.
The car is 2009 model(59reg) with a hefty discount and a fair p/x on my car.

brummie
22-09-09, 08:13 AM
Do the benefits of these large wheels really outweigh the cons, to summarise?

Benefit of Large Wheels
Looks nice

Cons of Large wheels
Expensive tyres
Easily damaged rims
Risk of being stolen
Long lead times for replacements

I have the standard 17inch that came with my exclusive and they do look good.

enzo
22-09-09, 10:47 AM
welcome mate good luck with your new ride.

insignia-enthusiast.org

cameron66
22-09-09, 03:54 PM
Do the benefits of these large wheels really outweigh the cons, to summarise?

Benefit of Large Wheels
Looks nice

Cons of Large wheels
Expensive tyres
Easily damaged rims
Risk of being stolen
Long lead times for replacements

I have the standard 17inch that came with my exclusive and they do look good.

Also, this should be added to the cons section. Regardless of comfort level now with 19" rims the ride comfort will always be more comfortable with the bog standard 17" tyres. FACT.

As you rightly stated the only reason for going for larger wheels is the appearance, if one's not too bothered about appearances and prefers the extra ride comfort then its the standard wheels every time. The 18" on my last Insignia were noticable less comfortable than my first Insignia which only had the 17" alloy look alike structure wheels, so 19 or 20" rims will be even less comfortable.

edder
22-09-09, 04:54 PM
Thanks for all reply's
I've not taken this up with the dealer as yet but they have an SRi for sale with the 18" and they do look good so they may do a swap with my 19" wheels.But is it really worth doing for the sake of an inch.

edder
22-09-09, 06:13 PM
Ordered car today,well paid deposit!
Got some mats from the dealer,no full tank of fuel through.
Any other useful goodies I can prise from the dealer?.

mitch1408
22-09-09, 07:19 PM
I got the diamond brite package down from £400 to £199 and still has the lifetime garentee on the leather. I simply said i didnt want it but he had to sell them so gave it me at cost! Got a tank of fuel too for the wait (and i asked for it untill he got fed up and said yes!!) ;)

edder
22-09-09, 07:35 PM
I got the diamond brite package down from £400 to £199 and still has the lifetime garentee on the leather. I simply said i didnt want it but he had to sell them so gave it me at cost! Got a tank of fuel too for the wait (and i asked for it untill he got fed up and said yes!!) ;)

It was a defo no on the fuel said that it would cost the company thousands of pounds a year.
I think it helps if the dealer has a petrol forecourt though.

Sportstourer
25-09-09, 11:39 AM
I posted this on the Newbie section yesterday but got no reply.

"I ordered an Insignia Sportstourer 2.0T 16V 4x4 Elite Nav Auto with DAB, Bluetooth, Full size spare and Vertical Load Net in Technical Grey on 4/7/09. On 17/9/09 I had a chassis number, but the car was not yet released to sales for transportation. On 21/9 it was sitting at Zeebrugge. Any guesses on delivery date - it was always supposed to be 1st October- might I get it earlier?"

I now know the answer - the car arrived at the dealers this morning and I will get it early next week.

lewisburglin
25-09-09, 08:24 PM
Wow alot of options there, think your have it October matey!
Nice car hope you enjoy matey.