PDA

View Full Version : Drinks Holder on Insignia Models With Infotainment Controller

Powerod
24-09-09, 05:40 PM
Hi

Can anyone inform me if there is a drinks holder on the models with the Infotainment controller and electric parking brake?

On the models with a normal handbrake there is a drinks holder in the centre consel, but on the models with the infotainment controller this has been replaced with a storage compartment with a sliding cover.

Just wondering where I'm going to put my coffee.:confused:

Your input most welcome.

Thanks
Daz

Rockh
24-09-09, 05:50 PM
On the Elite, the sliding cover compartment has the bits to hold 2 drinks.

higgsy
24-09-09, 06:05 PM
if you have bluetooth fitted there isnt a drinks holder just the base plate for a phone cradle. And at £200 for the dam thing i would rather have the cup holder

Rockh
24-09-09, 06:08 PM
if you have bluetooth fitted there isnt a drinks holder just the base plate for a phone cradle. And at £200 for the dam thing i would rather have the cup holder

Got bluetooth and no mount, just the compartment. TBH the mount is pointless as the choice of holders is carp.

higgsy
24-09-09, 06:14 PM
only just got my car (sept 11, 59 plate) so not sure if its a new fitment for the my10 model. You are right the cradles are xxxx. I might take the baseplate out and buy the cup holder inserts make use of the space

Rockh
24-09-09, 06:48 PM
Could well be a new bit as mine is May 09 and there was no mention of the mount when I ordered the bluetooth, plenty of my colleagues have similar age cars with bluetooth and no mount so I deffo didn't miss it.

lewisburglin
24-09-09, 10:04 PM
Mines got the mount 59 plate and its a pain in the xxxx.lol, no where for my macdonalds cups....i mean coffee cups!

Slider
25-09-09, 11:16 AM
I never use the cup holders either, for two reasons really, one I am bound to have a spill (it's just the way I am :o). If I am on a journey where I need I drink I also probably need a stop, even if it just a pull in for five minutes but of course this is just my personal preference.

cameron66
25-09-09, 12:56 PM
I never use the cup holders either, for two reasons really, one I am bound to have a spill (it's just the way I am :o). If I am on a journey where I need I drink I also probably need a stop, even if it just a pull in for five minutes but of course this is just my personal preference.

Police would probably do you anyway if you were taking a drink while driving.

I know 2 woman have been prosecuted for driving while eating a apple..lol
and I'm certain I've seen seen a case where the driver was done for drinking from a pop bottle. AYS best to pull over to consume drinks and you can stretch your legs at the same time. Can't be too careful.(-

martin99
27-09-09, 08:30 PM
Used my cup holder once (Got Info /nav and Elec brake) and popped one of the sprung holders which has disappeared - now have a nice large slot where everything falls out into the void. Cant wait for the dealer to remove the centre console so I can see what I have lost - LOL:cool:

hackjo
27-09-09, 09:01 PM
Used my cup holder once (Got Info /nav and Elec brake) and popped one of the sprung holders which has disappeared - now have a nice large slot where everything falls out into the void. Cant wait for the dealer to remove the centre console so I can see what I have lost - LOL:cool:

Reminds me of our Clio - it has two cup holders sunk into the centre console, below the heater controls. If you can actually get a can or similar in there (which is like trying to balance a ball on your finger when you have Parkinson's) then you are lucky if the can actually stays in place when you go round a corner. Most of the time, it tips over and you end up with a little Coca-Cola bath in the centre console!!

Melbury
28-09-09, 04:10 PM
Ah! yes the cup-holders are handy sometimes, usually when you have teenagers with the Macdonalds syndrome on-board, but I would prefer to have a sliding cover on there.
Meant to modify that but havent got round to it. It may be possible to do that and still retain the cup-holders.

PhilCavy
29-09-09, 09:47 AM
You can, of course, hold your cup between your legs. That leaves your hands free to have a quick shave with your battery shaver lol!

para999
29-09-09, 10:06 AM
Ah! yes the cup-holders are handy sometimes, usually when you have teenagers with the Macdonalds syndrome on-board, but I would prefer to have a sliding cover on there.
Meant to modify that but havent got round to it. It may be possible to do that and still retain the cup-holders.

this sliding cover is on the elite model as standard, maybe you can buy them seperate.

para999
29-09-09, 11:12 AM
reference to my above i've just been into the stealers and it appears the sliding shutter is'nt available seperate. you have to buy the whole cupholder assembly and its £65-00. wouldn't think its worth paying that just for the shutter but its your call.:)

Melbury
30-09-09, 07:30 PM
reference to my above i've just been into the stealers and it appears the sliding shutter is'nt available seperate. you have to buy the whole cupholder assembly and its £65-00. wouldn't think its worth paying that just for the shutter but its your call.:)
Think i will start a production line for them @ a fiver a piece, No! no! need to make some profit here, better make it a Tenner! I mean no-one wants things if they are too cheap.lol