PDA

View Full Version : Got it at last!

carpetmonster
27-09-09, 02:43 PM
Finally picked up my Insignia!

Exclusiv Nav (Hatch) 2.0cdti (160) ECOflex
Posh headlights, front and rear sensors, Sat nav, 240v socket, very white, with total blackout on all rear windows.
2 weeks time will see the addition of 1.5k of Alpine audio kit.
Very very chuffed so far!

C.Monster

edder
27-09-09, 03:04 PM
Congratulations on your new motor,looks good.

Regarding sat nav, did it come with 2009/2010 maps as apparently you should have the 7 digit postcode.

carpetmonster
27-09-09, 03:06 PM
yeah the dvd case cover does say 2009/2010, although I didnt put in any passkeys, the dealer set it all up for me prior to handover.

para999
27-09-09, 03:06 PM
well done mate i live not far from swindon and i work there, hope to see it around.

lewisburglin
27-09-09, 03:09 PM
Looking good mate, very interested to hear more about all the ICE your putting in.

carpetmonster
27-09-09, 03:13 PM
here goes.....

Keeping the standard satnav head unit but feeding it to a alpine phx650 sound processor, this will flatten and neutralise the factory output and then feed it into a alpine pdx-5 state of the art amp.
The doors are all having sound deadening stuff lining them, and the speakers both front and rear are being changed to alpine type-r components.
A custom enclosed 12" type-r sub with led glow acrylic cover will do the low notes!

lewisburglin
27-09-09, 04:27 PM
here goes.....

Keeping the standard satnav head unit but feeding it to a alpine phx650 sound processor, this will flatten and neutralise the factory output and then feed it into a alpine pdx-5 state of the art amp.
The doors are all having sound deadening stuff lining them, and the speakers both front and rear are being changed to alpine type-r components.
A custom enclosed 12" type-r sub with led glow acrylic cover will do the low notes!

Sounds good mate, adoes the processor your buying using the high outputs then or has the nav got a low twin phono outputs??

Vectra-Arctic
27-09-09, 04:44 PM
Hope all goes well for you with the Insignia. :)

carpetmonster
27-09-09, 06:08 PM
Sounds good mate, adoes the processor your buying using the high outputs then or has the nav got a low twin phono outputs??

can use high or low with the processor, but will do same as old car and have some decent quality adaptors fitted to high ouputs to convert to phono, then into processor.

thedjse
27-09-09, 07:04 PM
Very tasty mate WORTH THE WAIT??

carpetmonster
27-09-09, 09:09 PM
so far yes but i'll have a better idea in a couple of weeks, will stick 2000 miles on it by then.

Melbury
28-09-09, 03:18 PM
Finally picked up my Insignia!

Exclusiv Nav (Hatch) 2.0cdti (160) ECOflex
Posh headlights, front and rear sensors, Sat nav, 240v socket, very white, with total blackout on all rear windows.
2 weeks time will see the addition of 1.5k of Alpine audio kit.
Very very chuffed so far!

C.Monster

Congratulations! HappyDays! it is a stunner that one!

chris.h
29-09-09, 08:43 PM
hope u have years of joy out of it

Sportstourer
30-09-09, 06:21 AM
Got mine yesterday too! Very smart. 4x4 2 litre turbo petrol Elite Nav Auto Sportstourer with full size spare, vertical load restraining net, dab and bluetooth in technical grey.

I was advised by the dealer to drive it gently for 1500 miles, although the engines are benchtested.

I think the standard 18" Elite 13 spoke wheels which I have got look better than the extra-cost option 19" 10 spoke wheels.

There seems to be more sound deadening material in the boot than in the 160 PS diesel Exclusiv Sportstourer which I borrowed for 24 hours from the dealer before ordering mine in early July.

Melbury
30-09-09, 08:13 PM
Got mine yesterday too! Very smart. 4x4 2 litre turbo petrol Elite Nav Auto Sportstourer with full size spare, vertical load restraining net, dab and bluetooth in technical grey.

I was advised by the dealer to drive it gently for 1500 miles, although the engines are benchtested.

I think the standard 18" Elite 13 spoke wheels which I have got look better than the extra-cost option 19" 10 spoke wheels.

There seems to be more sound deadening material in the boot than in the 160 PS diesel Exclusiv Sportstourer which I borrowed for 24 hours from the dealer before ordering mine in early July.
Congratulations! you may drive her gently then but you may find (whatever speed you drive) some of the opposition just MUST race you.
At 2k miles I opened up my 1.8 one day and thought 110mph was enough in case I would run out of road or be nicked more likely.
I have the 18" wheels and yes I think they do look good.

carpetmonster
03-10-09, 11:57 AM

Congrats! Hope you are as pleased with yours as I am now. I too think that the sound deadening is very very good. MUCH quieter than the vectra.

Sportstourer
03-10-09, 09:00 PM
Very pleased with mine. An excellent car. The only Vectra I drove was a 1996 model. The Insignia is better than the 2.2 16V petrol Omega Esate. There is a massive reserve of power in the 2 litre petrol turbo, which I have barely touched as I am taking it gently.