PDA

View Full Version : Auto Tilt Mirrors

Toon
29-09-09, 06:41 PM
So I've had the car a few weeks now and am absolutely loving it. I think the only thing I am annoyed with is the automatic tilting mirrors when reversing. They work fine and do their job but never return to their original setting when you take it out of reverse. It's only milimetres but after reversing 3 or 4 times there's a noticeable difference and both mirrors have to be manually adjusted. It's annoyed me so much I've switched the entire feature off. Is it just me and should it be something I take it back to the dealer for?

Mr Elite
05-10-09, 05:35 AM
This annoys me too.
I have the electric leather seats and have to press the button that holds the program for my seat and the mirrors then go to their correct position, but still annoying.

stephen florida
22-10-09, 07:42 PM
Just had my car today, just wondering should the mirrors fold into the car when you leave the car?

steve
www.bookmyvilla.com

mitch1408
22-10-09, 07:48 PM
press and hold the lock button then they fold away! The only downside is they dont automatically reopen when you open the doors unless hold the open button, but then the windows open!

Instead you can just press the button on the mirror switch inside but i keep forgetting and am ususally a few mins down the road before i realise and unfold them! :eek:

Hopefully will get used to it soon! Hows the new car?

stephen florida
22-10-09, 08:02 PM
Thanks mitch for a quick responce.

So far the car is excellent, a couple of minor niggles, my seat belt is difficult to get in, not much space.

No usb although the cdc400 booklet says there should be.

Unable to get the high beam lights to work in auto, will have to read the book/

I prefer the trip computer on the vectra, all the information on one screen, unlike the insignia where you have to flick between screens.

The ride is much better than my vectra.

steve
www.bookmyvilla.com

Rockh
22-10-09, 08:09 PM
Thought the CDC only had an aux in socket not USB ?

stephen florida
22-10-09, 08:52 PM
The user manual says there is a usb input but the sale booklet for the car says there should only be an aux input.

Also the user manual says there should be a place for sunglasses storage but there not one on my car.

mitch1408
22-10-09, 09:01 PM
I've got no sun glasses holder either! As for the auto main beam you need to make sure the afl are switched on. Can't remember for sure but it's along the lines of pull the stalk back as if you were trying to flash your lights then start the engine, should hear a beep and have a light on your dash with an a on it. There is a thread on here about it somewhere.....

Rockh
23-10-09, 06:42 AM
For some reason they don't have a sunglasses holder, even though they show them in the book, I retrofitted one.

Manuals tend to show more bits and bobs than you have to cover the different variations between countries.

cameron66
23-10-09, 02:38 PM
Manuals tend to show more bits and bobs than you have to cover the different variations between countries.

AAMOI Have any owners with the later newer Insignia's with just the basic 2 front electric window models such as the Exclusiv, noticed if they have added the ability to open and close the windows remotely now, and made the auto-locking features work.

6 months ago VX said they were going to fix that on later models due to a lot of early complaints re. these features not working on basic models... I just wondered ?

Happy42
23-10-09, 04:44 PM
Hi All,

Isn't the small storage compartment below and to right of steering wheel for sunglasses :confused: That's where i keep mine - Not that we get any Sun in Scotland as you know ;)

Cheers :)

thermalactivity
26-10-09, 11:08 AM
Isn't the small storage compartment below and to right of steering wheel for sunglasses :confused:

my work tomtom fits perfectly in that little storage compartment so no space for sunglasses!

Rockh
26-10-09, 11:17 AM
my work tomtom fits perfectly in that little storage compartment so no space for sunglasses!

Ditto, just need to get another charge cable sorted so it's on charge when in the compartment and also on the dash.

thermalactivity
26-10-09, 11:33 AM
Ditto, just need to get another charge cable sorted so it's on charge when in the compartment and also on the dash.

ive got a 3 way adapter plugged into the socket in front of the gearstick of which hides nicely behind the trim of the coin compartment. ive then run a cable for my roadangel through the back of the glovebox and tucked it up behind the windscreen grommet so you cant see any cable. ive run my tomtom cable the other way behind the steering wheel and through into the back of the little glovebox to my tomtom. if i need to use the tomtom instead of the cars built in satnav i just flip the little glovebox down and i can use the tomtom whilst its still inside it. if you looked in my car you would never know i have anything connected! :D

Rockh
29-10-09, 08:23 PM
Have a similar setup for my phone charger and the tomtom. For some reason my tomtom won't get a satellite lock when in the little cubby hence why a second charge cable as I'm always forgetting to charge it and the battery in a tomtom one is not the best, nothing worse than getting called out and the tomtom has a flat battery :(.

Rockh
30-10-09, 08:13 AM
Sunglasses holders I think ;)
Auto tilt is the most annoying feature the car has IMHO. Mine was switched on when I got the car, it was switched off within minutes.

stephen florida
30-10-09, 07:33 PM
I like the auto tilt, but I have the same problem as the thread starter Toon, they do not go back to the same postion. Toon just wondering have you had them sorted

steve
www.bookmyvilla.com

mitch1408
01-11-09, 05:52 PM
Im also having this problem, they are just a little bit out so after reversing 3 or 4 times they need adjusting again! Not really a fan of having them tilt but the Mrs is so it stays on!! Seems to be a common fault!

Also today, reversing off my parents drive the mirrors came back up from the tilt position even though i was still reversing. I had been in reverse for a good minute or so but surely they should stay down until i take it out of reverse?

Toon
01-11-09, 08:59 PM
I took mine to the garage and it hasn't fixed it :( I don't know if I can be bothered to mess about arranging transport while the car is in the garage again so I'll probablt just leave it :(

afisher
16-11-09, 10:02 PM
Mine seem to return to a default setting which bears no relation to where mine are set. I have to press the memory button every time after I reverse which is starting to get very annoying. Vx need to change the programming to remember where they are when you start to reverse, not some arbitrary default.

kevinfourlegs
17-11-09, 12:14 AM
I had auto tilt mirrors on my BMW 735i. Worked perfect. Select R and they'd tilt. Select D and they'd go back to where they were. BMW got this right over a decade ago, so how come Vauxhall can't? Unfortunately my Diplomat doesn't have that feature.

cameron66
17-11-09, 01:00 AM
The auto tilt mirrors on my new 320i work perfectly too, never have to re-adjust them.

chris66
17-11-09, 09:17 AM
Mine in the cav tilts on its own. that reminds me. i really must tighten that up:eek:

svpworld
17-11-09, 07:25 PM
Any chance of some photos of this set up, I am thinking how to leave the charger cable connected discretely to power my tom tom on the drivers side. In the previous corsa d I had, I hard wired the charger and fed the cable up the side panel and left it in the quarter light. Not sure how to do a neat jobby in the insignia.

Simon

ive got a 3 way adapter plugged into the socket in front of the gearstick of which hides nicely behind the trim of the coin compartment. ive then run a cable for my roadangel through the back of the glovebox and tucked it up behind the windscreen grommet so you cant see any cable. ive run my tomtom cable the other way behind the steering wheel and through into the back of the little glovebox to my tomtom. if i need to use the tomtom instead of the cars built in satnav i just flip the little glovebox down and i can use the tomtom whilst its still inside it. if you looked in my car you would never know i have anything connected! :D

spida_singh
10-12-09, 12:37 PM
press and hold the lock button then they fold away! The only downside is they dont automatically reopen when you open the doors unless hold the open button, but then the windows open!

Instead you can just press the button on the mirror switch inside but i keep forgetting and am ususally a few mins down the road before i realise and unfold them! :eek:

Hopefully will get used to it soon! Hows the new car?

Hi

Im picking up my SRI nav tomorrow, does anyone with an SRI hav have folding mirrors on their car?

mitch1408
10-12-09, 06:02 PM
Im sure someone has the SRi with folding mirrors.

I bet you cant wait!! -)

svpworld
10-12-09, 07:12 PM
probably unlikely as until now I think they are only on the Elite, next year they become optional on other models unless I'm wrong?

Rockh
10-12-09, 08:59 PM
If it has 4 electric windows then it might have the power mirrors. Seems to be a bit hit and miss as to what people get, even on the same model.

A guy at work has the sports tourer SRi and it has folding mirrors.

spida_singh
11-12-09, 06:43 AM
cheers, going to get her in two hours, will get the pics up in the dump thread, i had all packs added as options, im sure one of them included rear electric windows, ive seen some sri nav for sale with rear electric windows, but don't know what pack they fall under.

nearly there! Woohooo!