PDA

View Full Version : Boot Release on 5door Hatch Version

lewisburglin
02-10-09, 05:42 AM
Maybe its just me but I hope its not,

Owners of the 5 door hatch's does it bother you that on the 4 door saloon's and the tourer's you get a boot realese button on the key fob.

Im thinking all this can be is the software on the car and a new key surley?....

Do you think its worth pestering the dealers see if its possible?

lewisburglin
02-10-09, 11:16 AM
It wouldn't bother me, surely its a case of just pressing the fob button twice to access the boot anyway??:confused::confused:
I have a boot button on my Vec, rarely use it tbh.:)

Hi Mitch, there is no boot button at all on the key fob!!

thermalactivity
02-10-09, 12:04 PM
How does your boot open then, is it one press to open drivers, then a 2nd press to open all doors, including the boot??
Does your boot lock, once you drive off, thus have to use the boot open button on the door panel when you stop:confused:?

yes its one press for drivers and second press for hatchback. this really doesnt bother me as i have two hands :D

lewisburglin
02-10-09, 12:28 PM
maybe im missing the point, the boot unlocks ok but on my past fords you press the boot button and it actually opens it.

cameron66
02-10-09, 02:24 PM
There is a setting in the config menu which also controls how the door and boot are unlocked. I had mine set so the boot was unlocked when the doors were unlocked, easier for the wife to put her stuff in the boot when shopping etc. IOW when doors unlocked everything was unlocked including petrol cap, though others may prefer the boot to remain locked until presssed twice. There was no separate boot open on the Exclusiv keyfob, although I do have one on the BM of course, you press the button and it pops up about 6 inches.

thermalactivity
02-10-09, 02:27 PM
i much prefer it to be one press to open JUST the drivers door and another to open all others. is there a setting for auto locking of ALL the doors when driving off? my mums new corsa does it once you get to 5mph but i cant find it on my insignia sri :confused:

Rockh
02-10-09, 03:41 PM
i much prefer it to be one press to open JUST the drivers door and another to open all others. is there a setting for auto locking of ALL the doors when driving off? my mums new corsa does it once you get to 5mph but i cant find it on my insignia sri :confused:

On the elite it's in one of the menus, can't remember which one and can't check as I'm still waiting for my replacement display (and a call off Vx customer services...)

cameron66
02-10-09, 03:51 PM

Auto-locking, same as the remote open/close from the keyfob is only available if you have the 4 electric windows. ie. not availabe on models with just the front 2 electric windows.

So yes... there is a setting in the menu for autolocking, but it only does anything when 4 electric windows are fitted. The Exclusiv models only have the 2 electric windows, and I think the SRI version too I believe. , I'm sure a SRi courtesy car I had once only had the front electric windows, but I'm not 100% sure.
IOW you must have all 4 electric windows for these features to work.

lewisburglin
02-10-09, 04:03 PM
SRI = 4 electric, remote open/close works fine but no option for auto locking :-(

Edit: Unless im being dumb which could be the case.lol

vectraman
02-10-09, 10:29 PM
I got the 2ltr 5 door hatch SE with 4 x electric windows and a third button on the fob for the boot, but tell me two model the same that have the same extras,

thermalactivity
03-10-09, 06:42 AM
SRI = 4 electric, remote open/close works fine but no option for auto locking :-(

Edit: Unless im being dumb which could be the case.lol

Well that makes 2 of us being dumb then as mine also has 4 electric windows but i cant find autolocking anywhere in the config settings!

lewisburglin
03-10-09, 08:18 AM
I got the 2ltr 5 door hatch SE with 4 x electric windows and a third button on the fob for the boot, but tell me two model the same that have the same extras,

Now im not a happy bunny! To the dealers I go!

Also defo no option for autolocking. Wonder if thats something you get with the sight and light pack.

Mr Elite
04-10-09, 04:46 PM
I have the sight and light pack on my Elite & 4 electric windows but no auto locking - I really miss this as I drive in a lot of dodgy areas and would like the extra security.
Please let us know the answer to your dealer trip.

Mr Elite
05-10-09, 05:36 AM
This is true - but I had it on my previous Vectra and have got out of the habit of doing that and sometimes forget.

svpworld
06-11-09, 04:56 PM
No autolocking on mine nor auto window closure from key (Exclusiv 5 dr) but I do have a button on my key for the boot! Not sure why though as it didnt seem to unlock the boot with only the drivers door unlocked.

Anyone also found it annoying that you cant close the windows once you remove the key. Weird.

thermalactivity
06-11-09, 05:02 PM
Anyone also found it annoying that you cant close the windows once you remove the key. Weird.

i can close OR open all 4 windows of my sri with the remote from outside of the car!!! :D