PDA

View Full Version : DVD800 with no DAB

Amos
02-10-09, 02:33 PM
I have the dvd 800 with no DAB there was no option when I bought the car, can I get this done now is it a software or hardware option.

Rockh
02-10-09, 03:33 PM
I believe it requires an additional module, was going to ask at the dealer when they eventually get my replacement colour display in (waiting on call back on Monday from Vx customer services about the lack of progress on getting the part, nearly a month and counting now).

Amos
03-10-09, 06:19 AM
So that means they will need to remove radio:(, I think I’ll give that a miss my dash and stereo are good no squeaks or rattles:), and I like it like that.

Yes there is an extra modue to fit to the stereo, also the Dab ariel too. Not a cheap job & time consuming also.:)

lewisburglin
03-10-09, 08:19 AM
So that means they will need to remove radio:(, I think I’ll give that a miss my dash and stereo are good no squeaks or rattles:), and I like it like that.

Haha I dont blame you Amos.

Rockh
03-10-09, 08:50 AM
Not seen an extra aerial on the models at work with dab (unlike the vectra which has the large aerial base). Might be a different shark fin, though as I understand it that's just for the GPS aerial, the normal radio is via an aerial in the rear windscreen.