PDA

View Full Version : Who Will Curb There 20" Alloys First????

Powerod
04-10-09, 11:07 PM
I think there should be a poll for " Who Curbed There Alloys First and piccy's posted of this.
Not a nice poll, but it will happen to someone won't it !!!
Bit morbid I know, but theses nothing worse than hearing that alloy scrapping against a kerb""""""""" ooouucchhhhhhhhhh.:mad: :mad:

Amos
05-10-09, 06:10 AM
I done my 19"s 2 weeks after have in it my n/s rear very small :-(

rosco
05-10-09, 11:40 AM
i had a stone flick up and take half my sri badge off the side in for repair later today

Victorbox
05-10-09, 01:06 PM
A nice speeding police car sent 8 inches of iron bar crashing into my Zafira's front wheel when it was only a few weeks old!

thermalactivity
05-10-09, 01:28 PM
nothing worse than hearing that alloy scraping against a kerb""""""""" ooouucchhhhhhhhhh.:mad: :mad:

i poop my pants every time i have to park up next to a kerb with my 20s :eek: im just dreading hearing that noise - its worse than someone running their nails down a blackboard the shudder it gives!!! :(

with hindsight in mind does anyone know of a good diy alloy wheel repair kit that i can get for when that morbid day arrives?? :confused:

lewisburglin
05-10-09, 03:21 PM
touch wood, nothing yet....but i've only got 18's, dead bugs on the window screen tho thats a different story... i think they like the insignia!lol

thermalactivity
05-10-09, 03:59 PM
touch wood, nothing yet....

nearing a kerb its more like touching cloth!!! :D

lewisburglin
05-10-09, 04:07 PM
nearing a kerb its more like touching cloth!!! :D

LOL!!! Like it. P.s my new bulbs havent arrived yet :-(

thermalactivity
05-10-09, 04:09 PM
LOL!!! Like it. P.s my new bulbs havent arrived yet :-(

i think mine took about 4 days to arrive though i also think there has been a postal strike on recently??? you will be amazed at the difference they make to the look of the lights though when you fit them lewis! :eek:

thermalactivity
06-10-09, 07:25 PM
hopefully its not going to happen BUT if i do kerb my alloys does anyone know if these type of kits are any good for repairing minor kerb damage?

http://www.gbdriver.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_105&products_id=157

carpetmonster
07-10-09, 06:33 PM
Hi folks,
my mate in southampton has kerbed her 20" sri alloys, went to a repairer and had them fixed for 50 quid a wheel (2 wheels) then re-kerbed one of them on the way home. quite a giggle moment really, tho she wasnt the most impressed i've ever seen.

essixash
12-10-09, 10:54 AM
Hi folks,
my mate in southampton has kerbed her 20" sri alloys, went to a repairer and had them fixed for 50 quid a wheel (2 wheels) then re-kerbed one of them on the way home. quite a giggle moment really, tho she wasnt the most impressed i've ever seen.

haha arrrrr how gutting

essixash
12-10-09, 10:55 AM
Not kerbed mine yet, but i am massively careful. I love my alloys, if anyone uses my car they get a 10 minute lecture on not kerbing the wheels lol

rosco
12-10-09, 11:40 AM
kerbed mine in a multi storey, managed to avoid them for weeks then i pulled in by accident and couldnt turn around. damn

cameron66
12-10-09, 01:38 PM
kerbed mine in a multi storey, managed to avoid them for weeks then i pulled in by accident and couldnt turn around. damn

Some of those multi-storey car parks are notorious and some are stupidly narrow with high curbings, we have one in Kidderminster which is really narrow and one has to take the utmost care to use it without catching a wheel, it was really bad in the Insignia due to its length of course.:(

One in Eastbourne while on holiday recently was absolutely crazy to exit, with a very narrow winding exit which needed the front of the car to miss the wall by inches in order to clear the rear, numerious scrapes on the walls showed that many had damaged their vehicles trying to get out of the place... absolutely stupid.

I've not curbed one yet touch wood.:) now I've said that..:(

Vectra-Arctic
12-10-09, 04:42 PM
Change the alloys for a smaller size and different design, I can't kerb my 16" Irmscher Softstars, the tyre gets in the way if I do. :D :D