PDA

View Full Version : Little Tweeks - Help Required

thermalactivity
05-10-09, 04:23 PM
ok so ive had my insignia for a few days now and i absolutely love it. there are however a few VERY minor little things i wish i could tweek though these may be just me overlooking what can already be added/changed on my car with a little bit of dealership tweeking perhaps?

adding multiple custom poi's on the nav is something id love to be able to do!

whilst the nav is running it would be nice when the next track on an album starts it could pop up maybe split screen.

i miss the autolocking feature ive had on other cars when driving off.

Rockh
05-10-09, 07:22 PM
POI's, forget it. Vx will not entertain that. They buy a package from Bosch / Navteq and slap it in the vehicle. Navteq are probably the ones to speak to but they produce the stuff to Vx's spec and from what I've read about the CD70 for the Vec people didn't get far. Would need a software guy to reverse engineer the disk as has been done for other vehicles.

Pop up is again the domain of Vx / Bosch.

Autolocking seems to be on some models and not others, even the same spec cars seem not to have all the same functions.

thermalactivity
05-10-09, 09:18 PM
POI's, forget it.

Pop up is again the domain of Vx / Bosch.

Autolocking seems to be on some models and not others, even the same spec cars seem not to have all the same functions.

ive done a backup copy of my nav disk and i have access to all the files though now i just have to try and work out what they are and how i replace/add new ones......

damned Vx/Bosch......

i think i will wait until its first service then ask Vx to TECH2 my car and add all of the missing menus i seem to have......