PDA

View Full Version : Cycle Carrier

thermalactivity
05-10-09, 09:46 PM
has anyone bought a cycle carrier for their insignia and if so what make and model is it and where did they get it from? id preferably like a 2 bike carrier....

Gorfinkle
05-10-09, 09:49 PM
has anyone bought a cycle carrier for their insignia and if so what make and model is it and where did they get it from? id preferably like a 2 bike carrier....

I haven't got an Insignia, but i got a 2 bike carrier for the Senator which clips onto the ball hitch on the tow bar, cost about £30

here's an idea of what they look like

LINKY (http://www.roofrackshop.co.uk/bike/thule-towbar-mounted-bike-racks.htm)

chris66
05-10-09, 10:19 PM

i have never understood why anyone would want to carry/ride a bike when they have a perfectly good car to run about in. its warmer, has a stereo, is faster and more comfortable.:D i have a bike but if i started using it, i would need to find somewhere else to store my garden hose in the garage:o;)

Rockh
06-10-09, 03:01 PM
Got a Halfrauds 3 bike high rise which I used on the Vec, not tried it yet on the Insignia but as I'm off to centre parcs in a couple of weeks had better see what it fits like......

Thought about getting a tow hitch fitted when I ordered the car but I wouldn't use it enough TBH.

martin99
06-10-09, 07:58 PM
This summer took the Insignia on Holiday.

For roof bars use the Vauxhall bars - They are cheaper than retro fit one and fit perfectly.

For cycle carrier I used the Halford standard 3 cycle carrier. The only 2 problems I had was the exhaust configuration means you need the lower strap extension (available as a seperate purchase) and the side straps that hook onto the side of the hatch tended to slide down because of the shape of the hatch - found that if you wrapped kitchen towel round the hook it gave it that little bit more key and stayed put. Travelled 300 miles - mostly motorway and all stayed in place

Melbury
11-10-09, 05:30 PM
Im thinking of trading-in the Insignia for a good classic bike with Sturmey Archer 3speed gear-box !

Rockh
11-10-09, 07:08 PM
Chopper ?? :)

cameron66
12-10-09, 07:42 PM
Im thinking of trading-in the Insignia for a good classic bike with Sturmey Archer 3speed gear-box !

I assume you are looking for something more reliable then. :D(-

Melbury
13-10-09, 11:51 AM
So far I'm really not having much bother with Insignia, the novelty is wearing off now but it is still a pleasure to drive, especially on the long run.
It'l be due for first service in Feb. I was the first to have an Insignia in my area but now they are a more common sighting.
Would like to service it myself but think it better to stick with the dealer at least for the first time.

thermalactivity
14-10-09, 08:31 PM

oh yes i loved my sturmey archer 3 speed gears on my raleigh chopper!! theyve come on a LONG way since though :eek:

thermalactivity
14-10-09, 08:41 PM
oh and then there was my raleigh grifter!!! weighed more than my insignia but boy was she a looker :eek:

Rockh
14-10-09, 09:43 PM
oh and then there was my raleigh grifter!!! weighed more than my insignia but boy was she a looker :eek:

The grifter, what a bike :)