PDA

View Full Version : Insignia prices?

Fabos
07-10-09, 11:03 PM
Hi guys

Looking at buying Insignia 1.6t soon. Does anyone know if there might be a price increase/decrease in the next month or so?

There don't seem to be many 1.6t around Northants area, none of the local dealers have a test vehicle availible for me to try. Has anyone on here got one, what's it like?

Fabos

rosco
08-10-09, 07:13 AM
i love it. plenty of power none of the low power problems the 1.8 has, only problem is that after 2.5krpm it does tend to.... get a bit carried away. motorway performance is brilliant, fuel consumption is... poor. but bearing that in mind i live in germany so my motorway speed isnt 70mph its 110-120 normally. will write up a bit of a review later and if you ca make it down to the bournemouth, essex or southlondon areas between 16th and 30th your free to have a test drive. or if you pay my fuel from bournemouth to yours i can drive up.

rosco
08-10-09, 07:34 AM
also as a rough guide i paid 24400 for mine including finance,

sri nav 1.6t tinted wndows, 20's, vxr pack, and some other little bits and pieces

mitch1408
08-10-09, 09:08 AM
Is that pounds or euros mate? I paid a very similar amount for my elite (spec in my signature block) I also got the 3 year intrest free deal vx were offering. Wish I'd gone for the tinted windows though, they do look smart!

2 weeks today! (-

rosco
08-10-09, 09:32 AM
pounds

brummie
08-10-09, 11:33 AM
Just done a price check for an SRi from the place I bought my car from and I get £19664 OTR for the spec below

SRi Nav 1.6i 16v Turbo (including Paint, 20?s, VXR Pack)

Happy42
08-10-09, 12:42 PM
Hi folk's

I picked up my Elite 2.0Cdti 160 Nav Saloon for £19K

Was trying to get a Pre-reg but dealer had sold out. Asked if I would be interested in a New car for same money - I said keep talking :D

It's a buyers market out there :)

Cheers,

Toon
08-10-09, 06:26 PM
2.0 elite white ecoflex, no extras for £20k cash.

Fabos
08-10-09, 10:21 PM
Were those prices, on the road? Sounds like there are some good bargains to be had!

Fabos
08-10-09, 10:37 PM
Just done a price check for an SRi from the place I bought my car from and I get £19664 OTR for the spec below

SRi Nav 1.6i 16v Turbo (including Paint, 20’s, VXR Pack)

Looking at those specs, on the insignia price list online (Effective from 3 August 2009) it comes to about £24000. My dealer is saying he cant move much on the prices, do you guys push real hard to get these kind of offers?

I am really worried I am not getting a good deal.
Maybe its because I asked for the 3 years no interest offer?

What price can you guys get for this

1.6t Exclusive Nav, 18 inch alloys, Metalic paint

I apreciate your help on this guys!:D

Fabos

Happy42
09-10-09, 08:01 AM
Yip, mine was on the road price, and had to push hard to get the price down, I reckon the dealer was possibly short on sales and he knew I was going to go across the road and buy a - dare I say on here ! a new Mondeo Titanium x.

I didn't get a great trade in price on my old car because the discounted price was so good thus I got a further 4K off the total, but I reckon it was a good deal.

Can't fault the dealer, apart from the wait which they had no great control off, dealer has been excellent. Must admit I was in every week prior to delivery and built up a friendly relationship with them. I now get treated very well if I pop in :D

Good luck with your dealings and don't sign the paper work untill you're happy with the figure.

Cheers :)

joemailey
09-10-09, 02:06 PM
I got my 1.8 exclusive for 12.5k. with plus pack just.
Nothing else.

mitch1408
09-10-09, 02:29 PM
As mentioned I paid 24K on the 0% finance offer for the Elite Nav with the spec below. This included the Dimond brite kit (including life cover on the leather) and a full tank of deisel (worth about £75 with todays prices) and 10% discount for being forces.

Vauxhall do the same discount for forces, post office, GM partners and loads and loads of others. I cant find the full list online anywhere but ask your dealer, its always in the top drawer!! ;)

brummie
09-10-09, 03:02 PM
Looking at those specs, on the insignia price list online (Effective from 3 August 2009) it comes to about £24000. My dealer is saying he cant move much on the prices, do you guys push real hard to get these kind of offers?

I am really worried I am not getting a good deal.
Maybe its because I asked for the 3 years no interest offer?

What price can you guys get for this

1.6t Exclusive Nav, 18 inch alloys, Metalic paint

I apreciate your help on this guys!:D

Fabos

That will be £16240 OTR with 6 month tax, also there are no negotiatons involved thats the actual price you will pay. As far as finance is concerned, I would advise that you independantly get a loan.

Happy42
09-10-09, 03:35 PM
Push Hard for a good price, although easier said than done, I did my final deal with the dealership manager as I wasn't happy with the deal the salesman was offering and like I mentioned before was about to go across the road and purchase a ford.

I don't know yet of a car to be sold at book price and yes if possible go elsewhere for your finance - much better offers out there.

Good Luck :)

Sportstourer
09-10-09, 05:01 PM
I went on to Carquake and then asked a local dealer if he could match the price. I sent him the link and he came back and bettered the price!

edder
09-10-09, 07:04 PM
Mine 59 reg 5 door Elite nav (160) with metallic paint ,"19 wheels and Bluetooth.
Pre registered but with only 10 miles on when collected .
£20,995 OTR with a reasonable part exchange.

Toon
10-10-09, 03:25 PM
Yes, otr for me. I phoned 2 other local dealers and also showed my preferred dealer a quote I got on buyacar.com - I just had everyone fighting against each other. I would have preffered to get the car at the price I did with 0% apr but it wasn't going to happen. Still, list price is about £25k so in theory I saved over £5k and even when I looked on ebay at dealers auctions they were wanting more than that for second hand cars!