PDA

View Full Version : Insignia shark fin aerial

joemailey
11-10-09, 08:27 PM
Can I fit an Insignia shark fin Aerial to my insignia?
As it currently has a stick up standard car aerial. It is annoying me.

Rockh
12-10-09, 02:47 PM
If you are handy with a soldering iron then no reason why not. The shark fin is just a GPS aerial, the radio aerial is fed from the rear window when you have the DVD800.
Have a look here (http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/showthread.php?t=195433) for how someone fitted it to an Astra.

Victorbox
12-10-09, 03:08 PM
Over £47 spent to end up with poorer reception in weak signal areas!!??

Rockh
12-10-09, 03:11 PM
That's the down side, personally I wouldn't bother after reading the astra forum post but each to their own.
Unless the rear windows of all Insignia have the aerial built in and it's just connected on the Nav models.

Melbury
13-10-09, 12:00 PM
Can I fit an Insignia shark fin Aerial to my insignia?
As it currently has a stick up standard car aerial. It is annoying me.
I changed the standard stick up aerial for another stick up one from Halfords which at least looks a lot better although reception is the same.
I think they also do a sharkfin type.

Slider
13-10-09, 02:59 PM
I am quite surprised that no one has come up with a shark fin type, that can bolt onto the existing stick up mount.

joemailey
13-10-09, 06:57 PM
I'd love to get shark fin that just bolts on. :( Would make the car look so much nicer.

Another thing I was xxxxed of about when I got the car. Never noticed the dumb aerial!
As all the pictures showed Shark fins!

Rockh
14-10-09, 12:12 PM
Having compared the 2 rear screens on a nav and non-navcar, they are the same so it could just be a case of finding the connectors in the headlining and moving them so the broadcast aerial is fed via the rear screen and installing the shark fin.