PDA

View Full Version : DVD 800 System Stopped Working

Powerod
14-10-09, 05:29 PM
Went to work this morning stereo working fine. Came out in the afternoon and put the key in the ignition and no power up on the nav screen or sound, so I pushed the on button and still nothing!!!!!

After playing about pushing different buttons, as you do, for 5 mins I gave up.

I then noticed the illumination on the stereo was working either, the climate control and everything else was working fine.

I drove off and then noticed that the indicators where not making the tic toc noise and the seat belt warning chime was not working either...great.

I popped into the local Vauxhall dealer where I was and asked if I could speak with a technician, but got told there was only one who was able to deal with Insignia's who had been on the course and he was busy, as I was standing in the reception he passed by and he was asked if he knew what the problem could be, to which he said no, he would have to put in on the diagnostic machine and I would need to book it in.

Anyway to cut a long story short I didn't book it in as it was not local to me, when I got home I disconnected the earth lead on the battery and reconnected it a minute later and 'hey presto' all working again.

Just thought I write this note if any of you get the same problem.

lewisburglin
14-10-09, 05:43 PM
Sounds like a thermal trip relay to me. Or it could of been a fuse (in older cars) but the trips seem to be more common these days as there easire to reset.
Interesting to know though!!

essixash
14-10-09, 05:44 PM
God what a joke. VX really need to sort it out. Their customer service is diabolical

lewisburglin
14-10-09, 05:45 PM
God what a joke. VX really need to sort it out. Their customer service is diabolical

What he said !!

nippyowl
14-10-09, 07:56 PM
I had the same problem, see my first post.

https://vodc.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9307