PDA

View Full Version : Rain Sensitive Wipers

essixash
14-10-09, 05:51 PM
Does anyone else have this on the Insignia? Is there a way to switch it on and off? Because ive never witnessed mine working automatically

I know you can switch the automatic lights on or off but its not clear on the wipers

lewisburglin
14-10-09, 05:54 PM
You've got to move the stalk to position 1 (like the intermittant setting) to activate the rain sensing wipers....I had it on my old astra, you think it would be automatic...!

Rockh
14-10-09, 05:57 PM
Yep same as vec, does seem to have a mind of it's own sometimes though.

essixash
14-10-09, 05:59 PM
You've got to move the stalk to position 1 (like the intermittant setting) to activate the rain sensing wipers....I had it on my old astra, you think it would be automatic...!

Ah ok that makes sense. I thought it might be something to do with that. But seeing as it never rains when i try to give it a go i cant really test it lol

Thanks people :)

lewisburglin
14-10-09, 06:01 PM
But seeing as it never rains when i try to give it a go i cant really test it lol

Can't believe you just said that....you ought to try moving to Wales...always xxxxing rains here.lol.

essixash
14-10-09, 06:03 PM
Can't believe you just said that....you ought to try moving to Wales...always xxxxing rains here.lol.

oh it rained the whole sodding time i had the temporary astra didnt it, then when the insignia came out the garage, oh the rains gone lol

vectraman
14-10-09, 09:00 PM
speaking about wipers, You may notice this when its raining, but what a stupid place to stop the passengers wiper, Right in the middle of the drivers veiwing area. but at the end of the day you only get what you pay for
After coming from a Lexus is200 this is great car to drive (so far)

essixash
15-10-09, 08:41 AM
speaking about wipers, You may notice this when its raining, but what a stupid place to stop the passengers wiper, Right in the middle of the drivers veiwing area. but at the end of the day you only get what you pay for
After coming from a Lexus is200 this is great car to drive (so far)

yeah thats annoying when it leaves a mark down the screen where the wipers stopped, directly in your view

essixash
15-10-09, 11:27 AM
have i or do i ever clean the blades? ive had it a week lol theres still traces of its original packaging left on them at the moment id ave thought lol

essixash
15-10-09, 11:32 AM
i know i used to with my old vehicles. A good tip aswell, when u think the blades have worn out and need replacing, get a cloth and clean the blades with some vinegar. it honestly does work