PDA

View Full Version : headlight washers

para999
20-10-09, 01:01 PM
has anyone else noticed that the elite fitted with AFL should ( according to the brochure) have headlight washers fitted.well mine hasn't was wondering if anybody on here has them fitted?
the blanking plate is there but there's nowt in it.

PRO-INSIGNIA
20-10-09, 01:25 PM
has anyone else noticed that the elite fitted with AFL should ( according to the brochure) have headlight washers fitted.well mine hasn't was wondering if anybody on here has them fitted?
the blanking plate is there but there's nowt in it.

Put lights on an squirt the screen wash for a couple of seconds and washer should pop out of the bumper.:)

Rockh
20-10-09, 04:08 PM
As above, you should see some mist appear around the headlights.

As an aside it would appear that the scroats have taken to pulling the covers off.

mitch1408
20-10-09, 06:36 PM
If you have xenon lights legally you need to have headlight washes to avoid beam pattern distortions! If you jet the screen, it will wash the headlamps but then there will be a delay before the headlamps get jetted again as it uses so much water! (or anti freeze even!!)

para999
22-10-09, 09:00 PM
well ive finally found out it does work but.... you have to spray the windscreen for some considerable time before they do pop up and spray the headlights and then as someone has already pointed out you have to wait ages for it to do it again. i agree that perhaps you dont need the headlights washed very often but i think its poor design that it doesn't wash them at the same time the windscreen's washed, everytime.

mitch1408
22-10-09, 09:04 PM
Maybe poor design, maybe clever and saving your washer fluid?:confused:

para999
22-10-09, 10:34 PM
i see what your saying mitch but i find if you just want to give your headlights a clean it uses more washer fluid, maybe they should have put a seperate switch for doing it :D

Mr Elite
23-10-09, 07:45 PM
It is a huge 5l bottle and lasts ages.

stephen florida
23-10-09, 11:51 PM
Unable to get mine to work, washed the windows for over 2 minutes and nothing popped out

steve
www.bookmyvilla.com

vauxvet
24-10-09, 05:21 PM
Unable to get mine to work, washed the windows for over 2 minutes and nothing popped out

steve
www.bookmyvilla.com

Hi Steve, the headlights have to be on you know!!!

afisher
25-10-09, 04:45 PM
i see what your saying mitch but i find if you just want to give your headlights a clean it uses more washer fluid, maybe they should have put a seperate switch for doing it :D

I would have thought that if your headlights are dirty so would your windscreen and you would surely want to wash that at the same time as the headlights.