PDA

View Full Version : Insignia - Things You Never Knew It Did...

thermalactivity
22-10-09, 03:59 PM
ive had my car for 2 weeks now and im still enjoying the drive though i havent really had time to look through the manual or play with all the buttons yet. ive been letting the tank run to near reserve just so i know how many miles it does per tank for future reference and this morning i found a new little helpful message!!!
when the tank nears reserve a warning sign appears on the nav screen saying "warning fuel low" then gives you the option to either just accept the message OR find ALL nearest fuel stations automatically for you then give you directions to the chosen one. i like nice little touches like that......:D

mitch1408
22-10-09, 04:05 PM
I like that! Mine was running on fumes when i picked it up but didnt have that pop up, possibly because the maps werent loaded properly!

thermalactivity
22-10-09, 04:08 PM
I like that! Mine was running on fumes when i picked it up but didnt have that pop up, possibly because the maps werent loaded properly!

well mine just did it this morning and i know it never did it the first time i let the car get low on fuel and it had more fuel in this time!!! (67 miles left) i dont think ive changed any settings though :confused:

Rockh
22-10-09, 05:29 PM
Standard feature if you have the nav, was on the Vec if you had the sat nav too.

thermalactivity
28-10-09, 09:23 AM
when taking a phone call in a layby i noticed that as well as the radio, the turn indicator noise was also muted - nice touch! :)

thermalactivity
03-11-09, 04:12 PM
whilst waiting for my colleague to turn up on site this morning i had my first full fiddle with the sat nav ;) ive found that if you go into "tours" and then points of interest around vicinity it brings up different sub sections like "museums, castles, churches" etc etc if you then go into say castles it brings up all the castles in the vicinity of where you are.... not very interesting BUT if you then select a "castle" and then "extras" a little jpeg photo of the castle pops up with information about admission prices, opening times, reviews etc etc another nice touch :) JUST a shame i STILL cant add my own point of interests :mad:

svpworld
05-11-09, 09:13 PM
Found out on the basic CD300 when playing mp3 cd-r's you can change the display to show track/artist/album/genre name as well as have the temperature and time/folder etc displayed. Also lots of stuff not documented in the manual when you press config or the controller knob. However the start up volume setting doesnt seem to make much difference, would like to be able to set a fixed low level volume when I get in the car in the mornings.... instead it appears to be a relative setting.

thermalactivity
05-11-09, 09:56 PM
LOVE the jellybaby/skittles/m&m holder that vauxhall fitted as standard to the insignia - i mean its just so easy to reach being in the same place as the gearstick gaiter :D :D

Rockh
05-11-09, 10:04 PM
LOVE the jellybaby/skittles/m&m holder that vauxhall fitted as standard to the insignia - i mean its just so easy to reach being in the same place as the gearstick gaiter :D :D
So it's not just me then :D

svpworld
06-11-09, 04:13 PM
uh? I assumes you mean the cup holder?

thermalactivity
06-11-09, 04:59 PM
uh? I assumes you mean the cup holder?

read the post AGAIN :D

mitch1408
11-12-09, 08:51 PM
Was on a long drive this morning in and out of fog patches.

It was too light to activate the auto lights but everytime I hit a patch of fog, just press the fog light button and it puts the lights on and the fog lights! If you press rear fog you only get the rear, have to push both for front and back but it does give you tail lights and dipped beam!

another handy little trick!

a15htn
17-01-10, 03:10 PM
Did you know..... (or is it just mine?)
1: That when you put the clutch in to change gear the revs initially only drop by 1000..... then after a second or so if the clutch is still in they drop to idle speed. It does mean that 2'nd to 4th for instance can be a bit bumpy!

2: If you lift the clutch in 1st from standing without touching the throttle, the revs will rise to meet the clutch and you can pull away very smoothly

3: When stopped, in 1st with the clutch in, the cars rev limiter cuts in at about 3k

There we go..... just some oddities I've noticed on some VERY boring drives home!! :D
Jim

thermalactivity
17-01-10, 08:58 PM
not sure if it is ducted or not but the cup holder between the front seats feels a lot colder than the rest of the cabin for some reason? or is this just on my car and have a got a draught coming from somewhere!

spida_singh
18-01-10, 05:15 PM
1: That when you put the clutch in to change gear the revs initially only drop by 1000..... then after a second or so if the clutch is still in they drop to idle speed. It does mean that 2'nd to 4th for instance can be a bit bumpy!

2: If you lift the clutch in 1st from standing without touching the throttle, the revs will rise to meet the clutch and you can pull away very smoothly

3: When stopped, in 1st with the clutch in, the cars rev limiter cuts in at about 3k

There we go..... just some oddities I've noticed on some VERY boring drives home!! :D
Jim

This is a form of hill start assit. Once the engine has enough torque for you to pull off, you will start to move.

I park my car in a steep basement at work, and wait until shutters have fully open before i move off from a steep hill on the way out.

Its brilliant, you have to get used to it though. Park on a hill, apply foot brake, put into first gear, remove foot brake as you bring your clutch up slowly, it will stick where it is until the second the engine has enough torque to move forward..:D

GTR One
19-01-10, 09:37 PM
Its brilliant, you have to get used to it though. Park on a hill, apply foot brake, put into first gear, remove foot brake as you bring your clutch up slowly, it will stick where it is until the second the engine has enough torque to move forward..:D

Problem I've found with that this only works (on mine anyway) on hills steeper than a certain amount. (is there a level switch in the car?) and on a shallower hill, there's no indication that the car will hold when you release the brake pedal...or roll back!

thermalactivity
22-01-10, 05:16 PM
Problem I've found with that this only works (on mine anyway) on hills steeper than a certain amount. (is there a level switch in the car?) and on a shallower hill, there's no indication that the car will hold when you release the brake pedal...or roll back!

yes this happens on mine too....

cerbera147
23-01-10, 06:28 AM

Jim
I do love this thread :)

I did not know 1 and 3 :D

I really like no. 1 and have been telling everyone who will listen lol.

(-

svpworld
10-02-10, 08:35 PM
I noticed today that if the automatic headlights are on (because its getting dark) and you turn them off manually, the instrument displays remain at the brightness level set for headlights and you can't adjust it. However if the ambient light level then increases, the instrument displays revert to the bright daylight settings, regardless of the auto headlights being on or off! I found this a bit weird since unless you set your instrumentation dimmer to the brightest setting, if the auto headlights come on and its still quite bright (as mine do) then its hard to read the display between the speedo and rev counter.

Rockh
10-02-10, 08:59 PM
Oh good it's not just me that's going mad :) Been running round with the lights on manual and was wondering if I was going mad that the speedo backlighting was changing from day to night mode