PDA

View Full Version : date of manufacture

para999
22-10-09, 10:43 PM
here's another question for you guys...........
i took delivery of my car 1st september 2009 i know the stealers had it in about 2 months before that cos they told me ( decided to leave it til the new reg )
bearing in mind the car manufacturer's wern't making many cars it could well be that my car was made possibly jan, feb or march of this year. is there anyway that i can find out exactly when my car was made?
its just on another site they mention a list of updates i.e ecu,sat nav, bodywork parts. i dont trust my stealers to install those updates and i need to be able to quote them to make sure they are done.

over to you :)

cameron66
22-10-09, 11:58 PM
here's another question for you guys...........
i took delivery of my car 1st september 2009 i know the stealers had it in about 2 months before that cos they told me ( decided to leave it til the new reg )
bearing in mind the car manufacturer's wern't making many cars it could well be that my car was made possibly jan, feb or march of this year. is there anyway that i can find out exactly when my car was made?
its just on another site they mention a list of updates i.e ecu,sat nav, bodywork parts. i dont trust my stealers to install those updates and i need to be able to quote them to make sure they are done.

over to you :)

I noted on my car that the tyre manufacture date was just 1 month before I received the car. Its on the sidewall. Not the best method, and I'm sure there's probably a label somewhere giving the week number of the actual manufacture date.

edder
23-10-09, 05:44 PM
On citroen cars you have, normally on the tyre pressure plate an ORGA 4 digit number.Put the number on the orga web site and it gives build date.My previous C4 picasso was registered on 2/01/07 and was built 22/10/06.