PDA

View Full Version : DVD Navi TMC Messages

lewisburglin
25-10-09, 12:38 PM
On the DVD Navi 800 on the insignia it comes loaded with the TMC messages (i.e roadblocks ets) but for some reason when I click the sat nav menu I cannoth select the TMC messages, its greyed out and the scroll just goes past it.
Im I missing something really stupid here or am I going to have to call the dealer again?!lol:confused::confused:

mitch1408
25-10-09, 01:57 PM
Mine hasnt been greyed out yet, possible there is no traffic on your route? I dont know if it would show you traffic for every road, ie if you dont have a destination so that also may be the reason.

Try a route that involves a garenteed traffic jam (M25) and see what happens! Ill check tonight before i put my route home in and then after see if there is a difference.

lewisburglin
25-10-09, 03:03 PM
Mine hasnt been greyed out yet, possible there is no traffic on your route? I dont know if it would show you traffic for every road, ie if you dont have a destination so that also may be the reason.

Try a route that involves a garenteed traffic jam (M25) and see what happens! Ill check tonight before i put my route home in and then after see if there is a difference.

Hi Mitch, Thansk for the reply,

See it used to say there were roadworks just up the road from me even with no route planned. Also tryed a route to London City centre and no... weird.
When I click COnfig twice and it brings up the NAvigation information it does say that the TMC status is OK!

Quite baffled :-/

mitch1408
25-10-09, 03:57 PM
Tried mine when i popped out to take photos earlier (will be in the pic dump in a few mins) and mine was greyed out too! Put my home address in and from here its M3, M25 and M1, all of which usually have some sort of problem but even then it was still greyed out! First time ive seen it though!

Also baffled! :confused:

lewisburglin
25-10-09, 04:14 PM
Ah at least its not just mine!!LOL, maybe the TMC broadcast is down?? Looking forward to the pics Mitch!

lewisburglin
26-10-09, 06:41 AM
anyone else want to check their's for us?

mitch1408
26-10-09, 05:01 PM
Mine is back working today.....:confused:

lewisburglin
26-10-09, 05:42 PM
Mine is back working today.....:confused:

so has mine mitch! How weird! Must of been the broadcast was down. :-/

mitch1408
26-10-09, 05:55 PM
Think you were right mate! Pretty random though! Are we the only two that noticed though . . . .. . . .

afisher
26-10-09, 06:12 PM
Mine was down as well but all working today

Rockh
26-10-09, 06:19 PM
Looked at mine this morning and it wasn't working, then it sprang into life as I was plodding down the road.

Amos
04-01-10, 02:06 PM
Mine has not been working for some time its says TMC not ok

cerbera147
04-01-10, 02:23 PM
I live in N Ireland; sometimes it will pick up messages on roads in Scotland. It also gives information when I am in the Belfast area.

I have not found it to be accurate.

Is the TMC the same as the local traffic news that comes on? If it translated that information onto the Nav that would be great :D

Rockh
04-01-10, 03:26 PM
TMC is broadcast on a sub channel of Classic FM as the primary carrier though they do use other "local" broadcasters also.
I've found it to be rather unreliable, regularly get informed of non existent traffic jams, slow moving traffic etc.
You should get a display of the info on your Nav map.