PDA

View Full Version : Insingia sound system

spida_singh
30-10-09, 12:54 PM
I have my SRI Nav on order.... was just wandering what the standard speakers and sound was like in the car.

I like my music, and wanted to hear what people thought to the quality of sound in the car.

How many speakers are there, and where are they placd.

Like in my mums Astra H, she had the mid range on the door,seperate tweeter in the pillar and rears.

Has anyone changed their standard speakers?

And, does anyone know the spec of the amp (if it has one)

regards:)

Melbury
02-11-09, 12:43 PM
:oI have my SRI Nav on order.... was just wandering what the standard speakers and sound was like in the car.

I like my music, and wanted to hear what people thought to the quality of sound in the car.

How many speakers are there, and where are they placd.

Like in my mums Astra H, she had the mid range on the door,seperate tweeter in the pillar and rears.

Has anyone changed their standard speakers?

And, does anyone know the spec of the amp (if it has one)

regards:) I see that so far none of the sound buffs have replied and unfortunately Im not one. I think there are about six speakers (not sure)
but it all sounds good to me. Certainly on your CDs. But for the radio you should opt for the CDC400 DAB (if its not standard or above)

sofuse
02-11-09, 07:49 PM
According to the brochure, the CDC 400 and DVD 800 have seven speakers and deliver 80W of power (4x20W). One speaker in each rear door, two in the front doors and a centre one on top of the dash.

I'm no expert on audio systems, but from other reviews the sound is adequate rather than outstanding.

GTR One
02-11-09, 09:12 PM
I have an SRi Nav and would say 'almost adequate' was appropriate...though only for the standard sound system as the rest of the car is great. You'll love yours.

I drive for about 2 hours a day in my car and it's the only chance I actually get to listen to my music. The bass is probably a bit lacking and although I'm not looking for Bose or B&O levels of sound, I would like something better than the standard and so am looking for (and would recommend) some speaker upgrades..

Has anyone else upgraded the speakers?

Cheers

Liam

chris66
02-11-09, 09:24 PM
I have an SRi Nav and would say 'almost adequate' was appropriate...though only for the standard sound system as the rest of the car is great. You'll love yours.

I drive for about 2 hours a day in my car and it's the only chance I actually get to listen to my music. The bass is probably a bit lacking and although I'm not looking for Bose or B&O levels of sound, I would like something better than the standard and so am looking for (and would recommend) some speaker upgrades..

Has anyone else upgraded the speakers?

Cheers

Liam

if you can get away with a small amp and sub combo it'll fix out the front speakers, no probs. means you can run them without any bass in them so loud as you like with no distortion and lots of nice bass coming out of a proper bass speaker. don't need to go mental with the size of it either. a small one will do for what you want

spida_singh
03-11-09, 02:04 AM
I was looking around and found this:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Insignia-Infinity-Sound_684498.htm

I would really like to geet this installed if possible into the car....as its just gone into build....does anyone know if this could be possible in the uk, looks like its only available for the open models.

chris66
03-11-09, 07:55 AM
I was looking around and found this:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Insignia-Infinity-Sound_684498.htm

I would really like to geet this installed if possible into the car....as its just gone into build....does anyone know if this could be possible in the uk, looks like its only available for the open models.

its infinity speakers i use and they are great quality with an excellent sound. Just look up infinity dealers in the uk. there should be plenty of them down your way.

spida_singh
03-11-09, 11:37 AM
Chris

Ahhh right, i didnt know wether these were retro fitted, or they were actually an option you could get from the factory. Ive decided il just wait now, judging by coments, i will need to look at sdome aftermarket speakers.

Cheers guys

chris66
03-11-09, 01:07 PM
Chris

Ahhh right, i didnt know wether these were retro fitted, or they were actually an option you could get from the factory. Ive decided il just wait now, judging by coments, i will need to look at sdome aftermarket speakers.

Cheers guys

These'll be aftermarket ones mate. as i said though, Infinity stuffs the dogs b*llocks. As i said(again.lol) a sub and amp would make a big difference to the sound in the front to as the mids and tweeters are only doing the job they are supposed to do. e.g. not running bass. good luck with this and lf you need any help when the time comes, post up.

mjinks
03-11-09, 06:23 PM
I tested an SRi Nav for a week a month or so back, i used to be well into ICE, had a complete 3000W set up a couple of years ago in an old car of mine.

In all honesty i was xxxxxx well impressed with the standard speakers with the 800NAV unit, i was running it from my ipod.

Fair enough its no 12" sub sound, but im sure you will be impressed with them. I would see very little point in the upgrade to a branded speaker, its the amp and speaker size that limits the bass reproduction.

Spend some time setting up the EQ and youl be sorted. I played some faithless tracks as a test at over 50 on the vol without much distortion, still deep punchy bass.

The only thing im confused about is that all Insig's have the 7 speaker set up and the brochure says 20W x 4 on all of them. I have just ordered mine with the standard set CD300 unit. Has anyone compared the two by ear? who works at a dealer? get in and test for us please!

svpworld
05-11-09, 09:10 PM
Mine has the standard CD 300 unit with 7 speakers, and I believe all of them have the same speakers (just different head units). To be honest unless you listen to heavy drum and bass or rock and need the bass shaking your guts, the standard speakers are great. The best thing about them is the soundstage and midrange, very defined and crisp with really good stereo definition. I'd like to add some bass reinforcement but not sure its worth the effort, given there are no line outs on the head unit and not wanting anyone to remove the dash!

spida_singh
05-11-09, 10:44 PM
I rang my dealer today and asked about this, i also asked about colour coding my sharkfin ariel, he said he would get back to me, but never did, so Ill see what he says tomorrow, i have the opel brochure which clearly states the infinity is available.

See what happens tomorrow.

svpworld
06-11-09, 04:38 PM
As mentioned earlier I think the DAB system on the SE and Elite, and maybe the DVD800 nav system have graphic equalisers that would give you more control over adjusting the sound balance and bass. The Exclusiv and CD300 system has bass, mid and treble controls although the settings are stored individually for cd, aux and radio which I like. There is also an EQ preset menu with several presets for pop, rock, jazz, speech and so on but I didnt think any of them made much difference over adjusting the bass/treble/mid controls and the effect was mild at best. Instead I use the EQ of my iphone/ipod which helps lift the upper mid range and lower bass. I found a setting of around 6 for the bass, 7 to 8 for treble and usually 0 to 2 for the mid works best for me and delivers a crisp and clean sound. Turning up the bass further doesnt have much effect other than muddling the soundstage and it seems to have a boost at around 150 Hz or more. For the radio I usually listen to speech on the BBC and set the bass to minimise booming on the voice and hence how I got the settings above. In addition i adjust the treble to lift the presence, but not accenuate the highs to the point of becoming fake. Mid range has quite an effect on the centre speaker, which on the insignia seems a bit louder than other cars I've had with this set up. Back door speakers are a tad warmer but lack tweeters so I adjust the Front/Rear balance to around R4-R5 which gives sufficient presence in the rear and prevents the soundstage from being too far forward - it also adds a bit more warmth.

Simon

spida_singh
06-11-09, 09:50 PM
Spoke with the dealer todya and said he has asked their parts department to see if they can get the option in somehow....he did say no news means no, but would let me know, cant promise anything. Sharkfin ariel is ok, but would need to be done after the car has been built.

Will keep you all posted.

Vectra-Arctic
06-11-09, 10:22 PM
What settings do you listen to 'The Goon Show' on ? :rolleyes:

spida_singh
08-11-09, 09:33 AM
Does anyone know if the DVD800 option includes a 6 disc changer and 7 speakers, like it states on the CDC 400 option?

afisher
08-11-09, 10:21 AM
No, the DVD800 has a USB connection and an MP3 DVD reader so you could put most of your albums on either without the need for multiple CDs

spida_singh
08-11-09, 10:51 AM
No, the DVD800 has a USB connection and an MP3 DVD reader so you could put most of your albums on either without the need for multiple CDs

Cheers....what about the speaker arrangement, does it have 6 or 7...?

afisher
08-11-09, 11:02 AM
Cheers....what about the speaker arrangement, does it have 6 or 7...?

Not sure about the speakers. The sound is pretty good but lacks a really deep bass sound. It is fine for my needs though.

spida_singh
08-11-09, 11:18 AM
thanks bud, i have some plans for the sound set-up.

Anyone know if the rear speakers are 6.5" (Circular) or 6x9 (Oval)?

My plans is to replace all speakers with aftermarket ones in their stock locations. Using an aftermarket amp connected to the stock unit to run the speakers.

Can anyone confirm if their is some sort of remote out from the DVD800? So the amp can receive a signal from the stock unit?