PDA

View Full Version : 16" steel wheels

Jamiek
31-10-09, 05:22 PM
Hi All,

Got my insignia on order for a mid Dec delivery (Exclusive Nav ECOflex), I'm looking to get hold of a set of the 16" Steel wheels that come as standard on the S model. I want to use these as winter wheels and intend to fit winter specific tyres to them to run Dec/Mar.

I have asked a couple of dealers if they can give me a ring if a customer does an alloy upgrade and doesn't want the steels (I have been informed that if this happens the dealer will take the tyres off, sell them on and scrap the steelies as nobody wants them)

If anyone can help me source a set i'd be obliged.

Cheers

Jamiek
12-11-09, 07:46 AM
I had an update from the dealer yesterday, my car is now due with them mid/late next week, not a bad turnaround seeing as I only had the order confirmed in late Sept.

Anyway, i'm still after a set of 16" steelies for the insignia, anyone got a set?

Cheers

cameron66
12-11-09, 11:17 AM
I think you're going to find this a difficult one mate, i am sure the stud pattern has altered from the Vec-c to the Insignia.

Not just the spacing either, the actual bolts are a much larger diameter too. 22mm I think compared to the Vecs 19mm.
I think the poster stated, he was refering to any Insignia S owner who's upgraded their 16" steel structure wheels to larger Alloys, certainly a pity they were'nt the same as the vec-c though. The fact the Insigni'a much heavier is probably why they also needed to enlarge the stud size.

I think he will be very lucky indeed to locate a set, I dont think too many people with either the basic S or Exclusive models with their 16" & 17" steelie structure wheels will be paying for aftermarket alloys. Especially when they could have added the option to have the front fogs and larger 19" alloys for a mere £500 when they ordered the car.
Anyone passing that one over at ordering time, and then paying a small fortune afterwards for larger alloys need to see a shrink doctor..lol (-

sofuse
12-11-09, 12:05 PM
I thought any optional equipment specified, including alloys, would all have been fitted on the production line and in the Insignia's case that's Russelsheim.

NovalutionGSi
12-11-09, 01:51 PM
These wouldnt happen to be the "fake 5 spoke Alloy" looking wheels that happen to be found on the AStravan Sportif?

cameron66
12-11-09, 09:26 PM
These wouldnt happen to be the "fake 5 spoke Alloy" looking wheels that happen to be found on the AStravan Sportif?

They sound very similar or even the same. They are steel wheels which take a plastic trim which covers the 5 steel spokes, as you say they look like alloys. VX call them structure wheels.

The pic show them on my old Vec 150. The problem is that the hole spacings and diameters are different for the Insignia, though I've no idea about the spacings etc on the Van you mention.

Jamiek
12-11-09, 09:46 PM
Hi all,

Well it's nice to see some activity on the thread even if it hasn't yet bourne fruit (so to speak).

Yes I realise it's a long shot and i've been offered them at a discount through a couple of vx trade counters but being a mean yorkshireman i'm very reluctant to shell out iro£150 when I'm sure that these must come back into the dealer network from time to time as people do upgrade alloys after the cars have been delivered. I guess it's just a waiting game.

I want to run the 16"s with winter tyres 'cos we travel over to europe to ski a couple of times in the winter and I also go up to scotland/county Durham (http://www.yadmoss.co.uk/) moors to ski whenever possible, winter tyres give a massive improvement over summer tyres in this regard and virtually negate the need for chains. We also live in a rural location and any extra grip is a godsend. I suppose I'm really just going to miss the 4wd of my last car.

Thanks for reading

J

Jamiek
12-11-09, 10:53 PM
Out of interest does anybos know the offset and PCD for the insignia 16" steels.

I know that they are 6.5Jx16 but that's about it.

Ta

J

NovalutionGSi
14-11-09, 04:15 PM
They sound very similar or even the same. They are steel wheels which take a plastic trim which covers the 5 steel spokes, as you say they look like alloys. VX call them structure wheels.

The pic show them on my old Vec 150. The problem is that the hole spacings and diameters are different for the Insignia, though I've no idea about the spacings etc on the Van you mention.

Thats them.... Might have a look at the books and see if they are the same and what offset etc.

Jamiek
01-12-09, 06:45 PM
More info, found out today that the 'siggy 16's are to the following spec...

6½ x 16 5 x 120.00 x 67.00 ET: 41.00

Anybody know of anything else that these are on?

Cheers

J