Register FAQ Members List Calendar CONTACT US Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
FORUM INDEX HOMEPAGE VODC MEMBERSHIP DETAILS EVENTS AND MEETS LINKS GALLERY DOWNLOADS
TECHNICAL CLUB MEMBERS AREA VODC MARKET PLACE VAUXHALL OPEL DRIVERS CLUBS ARCHIVE SECTION VODC WEBSITE RULES AND HELP

VBOA National Rally 2017 marks a new era in the history of the VBOA National Rally. It will be held at the after being held at Billing Aquadrome for the past 34 years. Please keep a regular eye on this section for the latest news.

Old 28-11-16, 01:17 PM
VBOA National Rally 2017 @ CHAT

Further to the recent announcement that the VBOA National Rally is going to have a new home in 2017 I would like to start the discussion on the rally because perhaps with a new beginning for the rally its time that we 'tweaked' things a little perhaps?

I am assuming that most people would like to still see the BBQ on the Saturday evening so that will stay as it was unless there is strong opposition against it of course! We will just collect some money per person in advance as usual. The cost will most likely be the same as 2016 but I will have to check that the price still covers our costs so the price is TBA for the moment.

The one thing that's always been a little 'vague' is peoples details such as cars bringing, BBQ numbers and days attending etc so for 2017 I am going to introduce a form for everyone to fill in before they are added to the final list which will keep everything square.

We will try to keep ages of cars together as far as possible to avoid the 'car park' look.

As its a new venue we are not sure what space we will have and how it will be designed so fine details will have to be sorted when we get there but camping for club members will be at the rear of the stand as usual.

Talking of camping I think there will be space for tents at the rear of the stand but for those coming in campervans, caravans or non 'stand' vehicles, who's owners want to camp near their vehicles, I have heard on the grapevine that there will be a 'General camping' area. It may be that there is space behind our stand for the 'larger' camping unit but I don't think this is likely. This is another thing that we wont be sure of until we get there unless a detailed plan is provided before hand (which would be a great help!)

When we have full details I will start a list thread and also one for information that we find out.

Please be assured that we will do everything possible to give you as much information as we can before the event but wont be held responsible for anything that we were in aware of!

If you haven't read the announcement yet please go HERE (click to view) to read it.

'If you dont comment, dont moan when others around you make a decsion!!!'
The club prides itself on being friendly to all users of the site and members of the club and we try to make meets enjoyable for all the family. If this is not the case then we want to know!
Old 30-11-16, 12:20 AM
All the details are in so I will post them up later on today.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

The club prides itself on being friendly to all users of the site and members of the club and we try to make meets enjoyable for all the family. If this is not the case then we want to know!
Old 30-11-16, 11:49 AM
Re: VBOA National Rally 2017 @

Full details are posted HERE (click to view)

Everything should be clear but if you have any questions, queries or comments please post them in this thread.

Old 30-11-16, 11:51 PM

VODC Entry form is now working so please fill in when you are ready and I can add you to the list.

Old 04-12-16, 09:29 AM

Good work on the form Mark. At least you'll have a record on who should be coming plus we can get a stand design together before hand so whoever is going to look after the stand organisation.
Old 04-12-16, 10:08 AM

Absolutely gutted, I won't be able to go as we will have something planned that weekend and can't get out of it.
Old 04-12-16, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NovalutionGSi View Post
Good work on the form Mark. At least you'll have a record on who should be coming plus we can get a stand design together before hand so whoever is going to look after the stand organisation.
Thanks adam, that was my reasoning behind it. I can put all the details I would like in a thread all day long but they get missed sometimes by mistake at least this way the form prompts to give the answer.

Old 04-12-16, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator John View Post
Absolutely gutted, I won't be able to go as we will have something planned that weekend and can't get out of it.
Sorry to hear that john, it wont be the same without you. We will take plenty of photos for you.

Its worked out good for me as I have a wedding the following weekend.

Old 09-01-17, 12:59 PM
Re: VBOA National Rally 2017 @ CHAT

Don't forget that all the details on the 'new look' rally are HERE (click to view) . Its going to be a fantastic weekend in its new home so its well worth coming along to. If you have any questions or queries please post them up in here as you may help someone else with the same query!

Old 10-01-17, 09:49 AM
Re: VBOA National Rally 2017 @ CHAT

ok filled form in do I have to print it off and send or is that it or am I having a half asleep moment thanks

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode