Vauxhall Owners Club for all Vauxhall models (including Opel)  

Go Back   Vauxhall Owners Club for all Vauxhall models (including Opel) > Vauxhall Opel Drivers Clubs > Corsa Drivers Club
Register FAQ Members List Calendar CONTACT US Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
FORUM INDEX HOMEPAGE VODC MEMBERSHIP DETAILS CLUB MEMBER EVENTS GENERAL EVENTS LINKS GALLERY DOWNLOADS
TECHNICAL CLUB MEMBERS AREA VODC MARKET PLACE VAUXHALL OPEL DRIVERS CLUBS ARCHIVE SECTION RULES AND REGULATIONS PLUS HELP

Old 14-04-13, 08:07 AM

mintygreen Bronze
Corsa C gear change problems

Hi all,
My daughters Corsa had problems changing gear,i know now that this is a common problem wuth the Corsa C.
So I got a new replacement part and got my local garage to fit it.
All was fine for a couple of days but now it's playing up again.
It wont go into reverse and you have to put in reverse to get first

I willl take it back to the garage on Monday but any ideas for now as she really needs the car today.?

Thanks
Old 14-04-13, 10:03 AM
Club Member

Victorbox Bronze
Re: Corsa C gear change problems

Hopefully it was the new improved design of linkage and a genuine part and your garage followed alignment procedure taken from another forum as follows:
To setup the gear linkage:-
Undo the T45 pinch bolt on the gear linkage to selector rod,
on the front of the gear selector housing (radiator side) you'll see a little plunger, this has to pushed in but you have to turn the gear linkage one way for it to engage completely.
Lift up the gear lever gaiter inside the car then you'll see a hole on the lever that you put a 4mm pin (suitable drill bit will probably do) through which locates in another hole underneath it (push the gear lever over to the left in between 1st and 2nd gear) then insert the pin and this will lock the gear shift lever.
Check the plunger pin is still pushed in, now tighten up the T45 pinch bolt all should now work perfect unless the gear linkage is worn out which is a very common fault on Corsas. A repair kit is available from dealers for around 40

Perhaps garage forgot to tighten something up?
Old 14-04-13, 10:39 AM

mintygreen Bronze

Hi and thanks for the reply
Yes it was the upgraded linkage they fitted and all was ok for a couple of days.
I am hoping it's just settled and needs adjusting,I had a look and can't believe they way it works, surely Vauxhalls could have found a better way.

Thanks again will let you know the outcome
Old 14-04-13, 10:48 PM
Strong Supporter

vx4/90sri Bronze

It was just a bad design, the new improved version sorts it out. Done loads of them.

Andy
Old 15-04-13, 08:17 PM

mintygreen Bronze

Hi Andy
Update on the Corsa,I took it to the Garage this morning and after about three hours they managed to sort it.
I think the main problem was that the old linkage fell apart on them as they
started to work on it and so they we not able to lock the gear stick in the correct position.
There was no charge as I have known them for years but I will still give them a drink.

Just a thought,for all the Corsa owners who still will have to pay for this fix,why not start a petition either on here or facebook or both to make Vauxhalls do something about this problem.?
Cheers

Ray
Old 16-04-13, 12:03 PM
Club Member

Victorbox Bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintygreen View Post
Just a thought,for all the Corsa owners who still will have to pay for this fix,why not start a petition either on here or facebook or both to make Vauxhalls do something about this problem.?
Cheers Ray
Vauxhall fixed all of them that failed within the three year warranty for free and as the youngest Corsa C will now be over six years old I don't think we can expect GM to cough up now.