Register FAQ Members List Calendar CONTACT US Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
FORUM INDEX HOMEPAGE VODC MEMBERSHIP DETAILS EVENTS AND MEETS LINKS GALLERY DOWNLOADS
TECHNICAL CLUB MEMBERS AREA VODC MARKET PLACE VAUXHALL OPEL DRIVERS CLUBS ARCHIVE SECTION VODC WEBSITE RULES AND HELP

Old 21-09-07, 05:57 PM
Vectra B OBD?

Hi I have a Vectra B 2.0 TDI -1998. I have been trying to find out if this car used the OBD 1 or 2 system, and what is the best and cheapest scan tool I can get for it?
Old 26-09-07, 11:28 AM
Re: Vectra B OBD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Hi I have a Vectra B 2.0 TDI -1998. I have been trying to find out if this car used the OBD 1 or 2 system, and what is the best and cheapest scan tool I can get for it?
Can anyone help this chap?

Someone must know.

For once I havent got the faintest!

'If you dont comment, dont moan when others around you make a decsion!!!'
The club prides itself on being friendly to all users of the site and members of the club and we try to make meets enjoyable for all the family. If this is not the case then we want to know!
Old 26-09-07, 06:48 PM

same here mate, whats an OBD?

I'm still in the land of the carburettor!
Old 26-09-07, 10:21 PM

On Board Diagnostics?
Old 21-10-07, 03:27 PM
Wink Re: Vectra B OBD?

Although Vauxhall put in the ALDL 16 pin connectors (next to the handbreak) they did not comply with the OBD2 standard. This means that the off the shelf scanners/fault code readers do not work with Vauxhall. There is one available at ukodb.co.uk at £265 but I have not seen any cheaper that work. From 2001 onwards for petrol and in your case, 2004 for deisel OBD2 standard is complied with. In the US this standard came out in 1996 (by law) so most manufacturers in Europe saw the writing on the wall and complied, unfortunalely not Vauxhall. Most of us enthusiasts short out pin 5 and 6, turn on the ignition and count the fault codes. As for scanning active sensors, the main dealers use Advanced Diagnostics Tech2 and I suspect that Sykes-Pecavant do a scanner for the professionls i.e quite expensive.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode Switch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded Mode Switch to Threaded Mode